AVIC411.com

AVIC-D3 New Accessories.

Rereading the 1st post, I may have taken that as more sarcastic than it really was. My mistake, and I apologize. lol If you were trying to be a smart ass, then my reply stands! :D lmao

But, I'm glad I started this thread. Some useful info already for sure. Would you suggest the pioneer cam over another brand? And is there any added functionality by using the pioneer cam over another?

definitely the style of it. Looks different (and the specs show it smaller).

Not sure but I think someone here said the specs on the BC2 blow the older model away.

Yeah, I think that was me. I actually ended up buying the new pioneer back up camera. I compared it to my friends ND-BC1, and there is no comparision. Higher resolution, and better night vision. It is a little over half the size of the old one, so its a lot easier to hide it from potential theives.

Yeah, I think that was me. I actually ended up buying the new pioneer back up camera. I compared it to my friends ND-BC1, and there is no comparision. Higher resolution, and better night vision. It is a little over half the size of the old one, so its a lot easier to hide it from potential theives.

Unless the Pioneer site is wrong, they should be the same resolution and same light sensitivity with the only difference being improved viewing angle and size.

- 1/4" Color CCD with 270,000 pixel resolution (491 x 512 pixels)

- 1.5 ~ 10,000 Lux Automatic Luminance Control (includes automatic low-light lux mode for higher detail and contrast in low-light conditions)

The ND-BC1 does say only 250,000 pixel resolution, but they're both 491x512 so someone can't do math.

ND-BC2

ND-BC1

Thanks azn... it's nicer for someone to provide information from their own experience beyond just the paper specs. Its much better to have someone who has tried both products to take that step and say "there is no comparison in quality between the BC1 and BC2 models" as opposed to just comparing the specs but having no experience of seeing the difference in picture.

So, if you want a better picture (and even moreso at night) pick up the BC2 model. If you're going for budget/functionality and don't mind the lower quality image, go for the BC1.

I am very happy with the picture quality of my BC1 (especially in twilight or in darkness with my brake lights on while backing up at night.) Might have to pick up the new one to try out. Is it the same connections as the previous model, or do i have to run a new cable all the way to the deck?