AVIC411.com

refurbs?

hey guys, i been looking for the z1 for a while now, and i sorta gave up and thought, shoot, i might as well just wait for the z2. however, everytime i check ebay 9which seems to be the only place to get them now) i see refurbished z1's. they are power sellers with high feedback and overall they seem like quality sellers. i was wondering what you guys think about getting a refurbished product.

the price for them is 1500. any info would be great. thanks.

I personally feel thats not a smart move. Unless its a well known friend or some sort.

Such an expensive unit especially with a hard disk drive should be purchased from a well known pioneer seller/dealer.

So ABESOFMAINE.com don't have any in stock?

Thats where ducatiboy got one of his units and so did I for about 1500 new.

You probably want to ask them what type of warranties they offer. Also, dont buy into the fact that they say pioneer gives you a 1 year warranty. This is not true!!!! Especially if you buy it from ebay.

In addition, if possible, find out what kind of defects the unit has. which i doubt he will be able to tell you.

Yah, factory refurb units did have a problem at one time, or they might just have been returned and couldn't be sold as new. But think of it this way, every Z1 that gets shipped I promise you is never turned on. It's assembled and shipped. It's never really tested before shipped cause it's cheaper to ship untested units and deal with the returns than test every single device. At least the refurb units have had a tech go over them and make sure they work.