AVIC411.com

I use a YouTube app called MxTube. It supports display out so itll work on the appradio. if you have the 5 or 5s you need the lightning to hdmi adapter and an hdmi cable. if youre on the 4s or 4 itll work with the 30pin. the way i get it to work is to click on Apps on the radio and when it prompts to open the app on the phone ignore it so you have a blank screen. then just open up the MxTube and play the vid. it should display to scale on the the radio with no issue

good luck

You can use the YouTube app on your phone. In fact you can use any video app you want. Just go through the App Mode screen and hit the ignore button to launch the App radio app. Then open the app you want from the phone.

Thanks,

I can confirm its works , so what the advantage to use the YouTube via 3rd party ?

I didn't say anything about touch. No app thats not AR approved will work from the screen of the unit unless you have a jailbroken iDevice and App Radio Extensions installed. Regardless it will still display full screen video on the screen of the unit.