AVIC411.com

2013 USA/CAN Maps Download

3 hours ago, freddyuk said:

OK I did the Shortfuse hack and this loaded and was confirmed.

Next I inserted the 16GB SD with three files being the Cardinfo above and the update and firmware update files. Nothing happened at all so unit is not reading the SD instruction? I just copied the above files onto my SD. Is there something else I should do as I have no way of opening cif. files on my MAC.

Cardinfo is 33kb   Firmware is 2.1mb and Update is 3.62gb !

Did you replace Cardinfo.cif on the SD with the one in my post (that you just quoted)? Since you have an F920bt, you must use that CardInfo.CIF.  BTW. it is just a text file so any editor can view/edit it as long as it doesn't do any formatting. Cardinfo.cif must be 300 bytes.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK retried and got the update 100% then it restarted and the language option for English is greyed out??? Now what?  Thanks

As nothing was highlighted I pressed OK hoping english would be loaded but I got German which I didn't choose....  I need to change the language please if this is possible?

4 hours ago, freddyuk said:

OK retried and got the update 100% then it restarted and the language option for English is greyed out??? Now what?  Thanks

As nothing was highlighted I pressed OK hoping english would be loaded but I got German which I didn't choose....  I need to change the language please if this is possible?

I have no ideas. I don't use the EU firmware since I'm in the US. You should ask this question in the F-Series forum (probably in Hacks/Mods sub-forum). I think the greyed-out language is the one selected.  You touch the one you want.  You likely need a factory reset to get to that screen. Before doing that, I'd disconnect the battery for 30 seconds. 

3 hours ago, freddyuk said:

Getting no responses from anyone. The language I have is Norwegian! Surely it cant be hard to change the language. Everything else works well even the BT but no maps of course.

For the 3rd time - the only way to change the language is a factory reset. See the manual. If you don't have one you can probably find one with a Google search.

• 1 year later...

First time poster here. I created an account just so I could say thanks to @misterwoofwoof for the 2013 firmware download and instructions, and to everyone commenting in this thread with helpful tips. My Bluetooth on my X920BT started acting weird a couple years ago. It would only occasionally pair with my phone (which was oddly more infuriating than the Bluetooth being completely non-functional). For pretty much all of 2020, I've had the same CD in there that I've been listening to over and over. I finally decided to Google the problem (why didn't I do that sooner??) and stumbled onto this thread. I had to order a microSD card solely to do the update, but it was worth it.

The update went as smoothly as possible. I copied the FIRMWARE folder, Update folder, and CARDINFO.cif file from the download onto my microSD card (extracting it took maybe 5 minutes or so). I turned my car on, slipped in the microSD, and the head unit instantly recognized it and asked if I wanted to update. The main update took maybe 25 minutes, and the separate Bluetooth update took maybe 10 minutes. Note that after the main update, when I tried to go to Bluetooth Settings to do that update, Bluetooth Settings was grayed out. However, after about 1 minute, the settings became active.

I'm so happy I can once again pipe music and Google Maps through my car speakers. Thanks so much, everyone!

• 11 months later...

Why install this extremely old version. The last US/Can release was 2017. While that is still kind of old, it is 4 yrs newer that 2013. The updates are not incremental, you only need to install the most recent.

To address your question, I'd suggest doing a factory reset by disconnecting the battery for about 30 seconds. It should prompt you for language when you restart the unit. If English is not one of those choices, you'd better learn Spanish :)

But do install 2017. Look at the 2017 upgrade thread. Install the Shortfuse hack to disable the upgrade's password check. Then install the map update. You might also update the Bluetooth firmware.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 8/15/2021 at 9:31 AM, RonS said:

Why install this extremely old version. The last US/Can release was 2017. While that is still kind of old, it is 4 yrs newer that 2013. The updates are not incremental, you only need to install the most recent.

To address your question, I'd suggest doing a factory reset by disconnecting the battery for about 30 seconds. It should prompt you for language when you restart the unit. If English is not one of those choices, you'd better learn Spanish :)

But do install 2017. Look at the 2017 upgrade thread. Install the Shortfuse hack to disable the upgrade's password check. Then install the map update. You might also update the Bluetooth firmware.

Do you have a download available for 2013 USA/CAN Maps or 2017 or newer that would work on the AVIC-MRZ07 model?

11 hours ago, SunTzu said:

Do you have a download available for 2013 USA/CAN Maps or 2017 or newer that would work on the AVIC-MRZ07 model?

Short answer - No. I have no idea if the MRZ series hardware is compatible with the Z, X and F series. I doubt it. From a little research I see lots of guides on changing the language, but that has nothing to do with maps. 

You will need to search around this site (and Google) for more info, but I can't help.

On 1/6/2024 at 9:04 AM, RonS said:

Short answer - No. I have no idea if the MRZ series hardware is compatible with the Z, X and F series. I doubt it. From a little research I see lots of guides on changing the language, but that has nothing to do with maps. 

You will need to search around this site (and Google) for more info, but I can't help.

Thank you.  I already changed the language based on the guides within this site.  Thank You to the community! I have checked on eBay and googled it to death but cannot find anyone with the update files for English maps and with US/Canada maps.  But, if anyone comes across this post please let me know.  Happy to pay a finders fee :-)