AVIC411.com

AVIC-7000NEX in hand

Also since we are talking about the speed warning alerts. Is there a setting to tailor the  unit to match your actual speed. Mine always shows me at 3-4mph over my actual speed. It's quite annoying.

None that i've seen. I'd love to have a calibration setting. Mine always shows me 2 mph slower than my normal speed. I got the same issue with my "outside temp" on my dash in my car. I'd love to be able to tweak that one as it's always 4 degrees off. 

Make sure you have the car speed signal cable hooked up properly. 

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys, first post here.  Did a search and didn't find any answers.  Question has to do with map zoom while moving.  Has anyone figured this out?  Sometimes I want to avoid traffic and just want to confirm that a side street will take me where I want to go.  It would be great to be able to zoom out and hold at a specific distance.  

Learning a lot from you guys.  Thanks! 

This is all i know of that will stay held:

Nav -> Nav Menu -> Go > to Settings -> Navigation Map -> Map Display -> Viewpoint -> And you get Close, Normal and Far as your 3 options. These are the only "zoom" levels that stay once set. 

None that i've seen. I'd love to have a calibration setting. Mine always shows me 2 mph slower than my normal speed. I got the same issue with my "outside temp" on my dash in my car. I'd love to be able to tweak that one as it's always 4 degrees off. 

Make sure you have the car speed signal cable hooked up properly. 

Thanks... I'll have to check as I initially had installed the iDatalink Maestro RR and CH2 harness for my car but later found out it wouldn't work. ADS is supposedly working on a fix for me, so I ended up having a shop do it, I'll have to check over the weekend. I'd think it either work or wouldn't work at all.

Also since we are talking about the speed warning alerts. Is there a setting to tailor the  unit to match your actual speed. Mine always shows me at 3-4mph over my actual speed. It's quite annoying.

If the unit is calculating speed from GPS, it's likely more accurate than your car's speedo.  Do you have aftermarket wheels/tires?  That may be causing your speedo to read lower if you got bigger wheels/tires/  

This is all i know of that will stay held:

Nav -> Nav Menu -> Go > to Settings -> Navigation Map -> Map Display -> Viewpoint -> And you get Close, Normal and Far as your 3 options. These are the only "zoom" levels that stay once set. 

Thanks for the info.  Shame you have to drill down so far into the menu to do something as simple as adjusting zoom.  

If the unit is calculating speed from GPS, it's likely more accurate than your car's speedo.  Do you have aftermarket wheels/tires?  That may be causing your speedo to read lower if you got bigger wheels/tires/

I forgot about that also. Yea bigger rims and tires will affect the speed of the vehicle. Unless you go to the dealership to get it recalibrated

My car did come with 18s and upgraded to 20s.

• 5 weeks later...

Hey guys I read thru everyones posts and I didn't seem to find what I was looking for so hopefully someone can assist me. I got the avic 7000nex installed 2 weeks ago. I love it so far I have no issues. It seems like it does a lot. A lot more than I have found so far. But my only gripe which I saw someone else say as well but I am wondering if maybe a new software update might have fixed it or if someone found the solution. When the head unit was installed I had 2 cables run from the back of the head unit. 1 (what appears to be) an aux cable and 1 usb cable. I took my iPod cable from my house and hooked it up so I can listen to my iPod in my car. I also have my iPhone hooked up via bluetooth so I can take calls using handsfree. But if I wanted to listen to music thru bluetooth via my iPhone I have to unplug my iPod. Why is this? Is there a way in the settings I can change this? My buddy has the older version of the avic head unit and he leaves his iPod plugged in at all times but can still listen to music thru his iPhone via bluetooth. 

why dont you just listen through the cable?? USB1 is designated for iphones and ipods. But you can connect the ipod in usb2. 

The iPod is a 30pin cable and my iPhone is a lightning cable. So I dont have extra cables in my car. And occasionally I will download a song while on the go via iPhone and I want to listen to the newly downloaded song. So the only way for this to work I would have to run another cable from the back of the avid head unit to connect my iPhone? I just dont get why you would be able to listen via bluetooth with the iPod connected on an older avid edition but not the new one.

Hey guys I read thru everyones posts and I didn't seem to find what I was looking for so hopefully someone can assist me. I got the avic 7000nex installed 2 weeks ago. I love it so far I have no issues. It seems like it does a lot. A lot more than I have found so far. But my only gripe which I saw someone else say as well but I am wondering if maybe a new software update might have fixed it or if someone found the solution. When the head unit was installed I had 2 cables run from the back of the head unit. 1 (what appears to be) an aux cable and 1 usb cable. I took my iPod cable from my house and hooked it up so I can listen to my iPod in my car. I also have my iPhone hooked up via bluetooth so I can take calls using handsfree. But if I wanted to listen to music thru bluetooth via my iPhone I have to unplug my iPod. Why is this? Is there a way in the settings I can change this? My buddy has the older version of the avic head unit and he leaves his iPod plugged in at all times but can still listen to music thru his iPhone via bluetooth.

Ok so I have your answer and u won't like it, cause i don't like it either, it's a dumb design.

You can leave your iPod connected to USB 2 and get music from your phone through BT with a hitch, it sucks I know.

To play BT MUSIC and keep your iPod connected you must go into smartphone setup and choose BT CONNECTION. Yes it will disable audio from your connected iPod but it will allow BT MUSIC.

IT IS a design flaw, just like the rest of how they make us set up smartphone connection, it truly should be designed to have separate selections for connection type for each of the USB ports