AVIC411.com

AVIC-8000NEX before/after installation

Ugh...the shop I took my car to...

They did a great job with the installation...GREAT job! But putting the pieces of my car back together??? Stuff be rattl'n! I have a follow up appointment on Monday. Not the worst thing in the world, but if they need to fix this.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I have the following five units on my work desk:

Pioneer AppRadio3 (SPH-DA110)

Pioneer AVIC-8000NEX

Kenwood DDX770

Kenwood DNX8901HD

Kenwood DNX891HD

I've been testing them with my colorimeter for maximum brightness (luminance).  I'm going to post some lengthy details soon, but preliminary results show the AVIC-8000NEX much, much, much brighter than anything else.  It's even brighter than my Google Nexus 5 smartphone.

I'll post lots of details and calibration reports on all these units soon.

My wife's Tucson has an AVIC-Z110BT, and I will definitely say that navigation has come a long way.  It is VERY VERY fast!  No lagging here!  I'm not going to be driving as I video record, so I am not sure how exactly you want me to showcase the nav capabilities.  I was just going to walk through various menus, unless you guys have better ideas?

• 4 weeks later...

How do you like the 8000NEX in your TT now that you've been living with it for a month? Any complaints? Did you get the steering wheel controls worked out?

I've been following this thread carefully since I have a 2012 Audi TTS, and I'm about ready to purchase the 8000NEX.

:)

The radio is awesome. Havent used it in about 2 weeks. My car got hit and im still waiting for the insurance to send an adjuster. Its under investigation because it was a hit and run. I pulled out the radio. Since I got the radio I got the itch to buy a subwoofer box and amp. Just installed the mono amp today. gonna test out the sub tomorrow

How do you like the 8000NEX in your TT now that you've been living with it for a month? Any complaints? Did you get the steering wheel controls worked out?

I've been following this thread carefully since I have a 2012 Audi TTS, and I'm about ready to purchase the 8000NEX.

:)

AWESOME, another TT driver :)

To say the least, it's incredible. You have the factory OEM radio that was as of 2010. I missed that by one year (darn!) but it obviously doesn't matter anymore. People complain about everything man. What they don't realize is how shitty Audi's head units are. This upgrade was worth every penny!

I owe the viewers of this thread a YouTube video. Sorry about not getting back to you all! I've been very busy (I even go to work on my days off!). Once again,,my bad!

Jbrasure....keep one thing in mind...

I did find the culprit to my steering wheel control issue....

The MODE button on the steering wheel...before upgrading, it toggled between displaying the outside temp, and phone numbers last dialed on the Central display in the gauge cluster....

With the PAC audio kit, mode still toggles that, and changes the source I'm listening to on the 8000nex. Here's what causes my issue....if my central gauge display is displaying a phone number (to which it will say "please pair phone", bc it's no longer with the OEM radio), changing the volume switches out the source to something else. It's when the central gauge display is NOT toggled to phone mode, that volume up/down does not have an impact.

Make sure your installer is aware of this. Make sure the installer COMPLETELY disconnects the mode button from the central gauge screen.

I was going to bring my car back and have them fix that minor glitch (it's really not a big deal), but I decided I'll wait until Maestro gains some Audi support....if I'm gonna have my car taken apart again, I might as well shoot for an upgrade