AVIC411.com

just got my hands on my new d3

just picked up my new d3, hopfully saturday i can install it, so far the old d1, d2 hack doesnt look good , the harness has all holes filled with wires. im going to a training seminar next week and maybe will try to find out about the new hack for this unit,but the unit it self looks even better than the pictures, i cant wait to power it up!!

For the money you cant really beat this piece, only thing i dont like so far are two things

1. gotta use the disc to change destination

2. there is no icon in the top left of the screen that you can touch to get to your source menu, you have to hit the menu key on the face

there is no extra pins in the black harness like other people have stated

the rca harness has extra pins so maybe its a z-1 kinda bypass

i have yet to try the light flash thing cause they only sent us one and its on my display board

i will update when we put one in a car :)

For the money you cant really beat this piece, only thing i dont like so far are two things

1. gotta use the disc to change destination

2. there is no icon in the top left of the screen that you can touch to get to your source menu, you have to hit the menu key on the face

there is no extra pins in the black harness like other people have stated

the rca harness has extra pins so maybe its a z-1 kinda bypass

i have yet to try the light flash thing cause they only sent us one and its on my display board

i will update when we put one in a car :)

I HIGHLY doubt the light flash trick will work (although I'm sure Ducati would be very happy if it did). The light flash trick was fixed by Pioneer because people ended up accidentally bypassing their units. Pioneer is liable if the units can be accidentally bypassed, but in order to bypass the other units, you must make it your intention to bypass it, and so pioneer isn't liable.