AVIC411.com

z140bh no applicable progam found but gets into testmode

I got a z140bh that does not have any hacks, etc. but suddenly says "no applicable program found". I managed to get it into testmode and I already have another sd card with an official 2012 update for the z140bh I got off ebay. Is there any way I can just transfer the files from the update card to fix this error or get it to just update off that card?

I got a z140bh that does not have any hacks, etc. but suddenly says "no applicable program found". I managed to get it into testmode and I already have another sd card with an official 2012 update for the z140bh I got off ebay. Is there any way I can just transfer the files from the update card to fix this error or get it to just update off that card?

Are you sure that you didn't install Condi's HackMode? That causes this problem in many cases.

I'm not sure what 2012 refers to - the map data or the upgrade. We refer to the last upgrade as 2013, but the maps are 2012. That's not really relevant. Have you tried installing the upgrade?

If you are correct that this unit has never been hacked or updated then /USER/PRG0 and PRG1 should be identical copies of the application software. And again - if it's never been updated, there should not be a file called /USER/PRG.FLG. Regardless, you can switch to the other version simply by adding (if missing) or deleting (if present) a file called /USER/PRG.FLG. It is an empty file (0 length). You will need to learn how to use TestMode

I'd try that before attempting to force load some bootleg SD. You really can't be sure it isn't corrupt.

Hi Ron! When I went into testmode those directories and the prg.flg is not there. I tried putting a prg.flg file in there and it did nothing which I assume is because the two directories are missing... What I am going to try next, is put my older Z130BT into testmode and copy those files (currently in my car with z140 update installed). Then transfer them to this unit... it sounds like plan but I guess I will find out in a short while lol. Fingers crossed!

Oh and no I have not installed any kind of hack etc. on it - not sure if previous owner did or tried to as I just bought it used...

• 1 year later...