AVIC411.com

GPS Navigation Issue

Hi all,

I installed the AVIC-6000NEX in my car a week ago and it worked fine until today.  I noticed this morning the GPS thinks I'm moving backwards.  I've reset the navigation options but am still having the same problem.  This was working correctly until today.

Anyone have ideas on what I should check?

Thanks!

I didn't connect either.  It seems to be working fine today, though.  I didn't buy the unit for navigation, though, so if it doesn't work that's fine.  I've always used turn by turn on my iPhone.

Any ideas on how to hook up the VSS without getting behind the instrument panel?

I didn't connect either.  It seems to be working fine today, though.  I didn't buy the unit for navigation, though, so if it doesn't work that's fine.  I've always used turn by turn on my iPhone.

Any ideas on how to hook up the VSS without getting behind the instrument panel?

you have to get to the harness to get to the VSS wire from the radio. Now it depends on your vehicle wiring diagram for the location. If you vehicle had the OEM Navigation installed the VSS wire would be on the vehicles harness

• 2 weeks later...

You could check you settings. There is a "Heading Up" and a "North Up" setting.

Heading Up always has the car icon going towards the top of the screen. North Up always has North at the top of the screen. So if you are traveling south, the car icon will be going toward the bottom of the screen.

The 3D setting is always a Heading Up setting.

Not sure if this is your problem or not.