AVIC411.com

Pioneer just tweeted about carplay

WHAAAAAHHH...

I WANT! GIMME!

LOL

Why are you being obnoxious? Why? What do you achieve in your life when you "win" an anonymous argument on the internet? Honestly?

I don't know what's causing you to lash out, but I wish you the best in getting over whatever that is.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHAAAAAHHH...

I WANT! GIMME!

LOL

Seriously, what is your point with this post? You can disagree with me as much as you'd like, but I don't think it's unreasonable to think that Pioneer shouldn't give different customers different answers about when the update will be released.

Grow up.

I for one, found this to be HILARIOUS!  Thanks bro! 

\m/ >_< \m/

I love it when "internet tough guys" can't even admit when someone makes a valid point because that would interfere with their high-fiving each other. So, you really think it's fine if Pioneer tells some people they don't know when the update will be released, but gives others a specific answer like "middle of the month"? That's good customer service, according to you? I guess it's more important to you to try to "win" an internet argument than it is to consider the actual issue being discussed.

I refer you to DP3343's post above, and wish you good luck in finding whatever's missing in your life.

I love it when "internet tough guys" can't even admit when someone makes a valid point because that would interfere with their high-fiving each other.

Says the person who advised that "early summer" has come and gone, and then advised that maybe Pioneer was talking about a different planet when I made an even more valid point.

Friends, I fear that CarPlay is coming between us! Everyone just chill out.

At the end of the day, the fact that some help desk monkey said something to one customer that's different from another help desk monkey's response to another customer means jack. I'd be very very surprised if the people who respond to emails/phone calls/strongly worded letters have any idea about precise release schedule (they might, but if that were the fact then surely everyone would get the same response, no?) Also, sometimes delivery dates slip. I'm a developer and I've seen many applications not go out on time. You find a show stopper bug and you have to fix it, regardless of what your customers have been told. This "early summer" date is a finger in the air estimate from Pioneer to give you some idea as to when this free update is coming; they're under no obligation to actually deliver it to you exactly on time.

Saying that, of course Pioneer is working hard with Apple to get this thing out. I'm certain that it's Apple who's causing the delay (I'm a total Apply fanboy so I'm allowed to say that  ;) ) but only because they have very high standards, probably something that Pioneer is finding out the hard way! If it was rushed out just because an angry mob on some random forum are crying for it you'd get a shitty piece of software - and then, dear lord, imagine the uproar there would be then!

So, instead of the petty squabbles, sit down, have a beer, enjoy life. It'll be out when it's ready.

Says the person who advised that "early summer" has come and gone, and then advised that maybe Pioneer was talking about a different planet when I made an even more valid point.

Dude, the different planet thing was a joke. Lighten up.

Dude, the different planet thing was a joke. Lighten up.

I know you were...but sometimes people poke at eachother for the intent of humor, and not for the intent of pissing people off.  That was my intention towards you, and from reading this entire conversation, I also believe that was the intention of koneill when he said "whaaaaa I want one". 

Homeslice, YOU need to lighten up.  Nobody was out to punch you in the feelings or get you all butthurt.  I get poked at alot too!  You respond back with more humor, and it's funny as hell for everyone else that reads this!  Pretty much like the good ole' days where people in a school yard would start those "your mama is so ___ that when she ___ she ___ and ___ ____ ____" arguments (and more than half the time, nobody even KNEW eachother's mom's), minus the hard feelings because we're adults, and understand that whether or not words were projected, you can seperate youself and say "you know what?  that is pretty funny".

I'm serious mandudebro.....I don't even know you, so if you are to take comments posted on a blog to heart, just know that there is no POSSIBLE way they could ever be sincere.....we all have never even met eachother in person!  I don't know your backround!  For all I know, you could be some PR dude for Pioneer, who is kicking back by chilling on the internet because marketing/Apple hasn't said a word so you're basically getting paid to do nothing!

We are ALL waiting on CarPlay and when it comes out, it will be fantastic! 

Woosah.....woosah......

I understand what you're saying, and I agree that we all just want CarPlay to come out so we can enjoy it. In fact, the only real problem I had with this entire thread was with koneill. I said one thing and his first response to me was to call me a d*ck, an a**, entitled, etc--all in the same post. Why be so hostile? It just doesn't make any sense. That's probably what set me off, because believe me, I am not usually one to argue with strangers on the internet.

Anyway, time for all of the hostility to end. Hopefully, we can all agree on that and go back to waiting for CarPlay.

You watch The Walking Dead and/or Breaking Bad?  This youtube video shows them having a verbal brawl, and it's HILARIOUS! 

It's pretty much like we're doing.....all fun and games, we're only doing this because we love you.

I understand what you're saying, and I agree that we all just want CarPlay to come out so we can enjoy it. In fact, the only real problem I had with this entire thread was with koneill. I said one thing and his first response to me was to call me a d*ck, an a**, entitled, etc--all in the same post. Why be so hostile? It just doesn't make any sense. That's probably what set me off, because believe me, I am not usually one to argue with strangers on the internet.

Anyway, time for all of the hostility to end. Hopefully, we can all agree on that and go back to waiting for CarPlay.

If we were to take him at his word he claimed to be a consumer electronics manager. Let's just hazard a guess and say he works for best buy. He possibly deals with rude entitled customers all day, and can't ever lash out because, hey, ain't no rest for the wicked. You wanna keep the lights on in your home? You gotta put on a smile and say "you're right man I'm sorry, you can return that iPad for being defective after you clearly threw it through a wall. Here is a full refund."

On the Internet forums your job is no longer in jeopardy. You can lash out when you want and you know what? What could anyone do as a result? Ban your user? Oh heavens to Betsy.

So yeah, koneill? You seemed to have needed a venting yesterday. Hopefully you got it out of your system.

If we were to take him at his word he claimed to be a consumer electronics manager. Let's just hazard a guess and say he works for best buy. He possibly deals with rude entitled customers all day, and can't ever lash out because, hey, ain't no rest for the wicked. You wanna keep the lights on in your home? You gotta put on a smile and say "you're right man I'm sorry, you can return that iPad for being defective after you clearly threw it through a wall. Here is a full refund."

On the Internet forums your job is no longer in jeopardy. You can lash out when you want and you know what? What could anyone do as a result? Ban your user? Oh heavens to Betsy.

So yeah, koneill? You seemed to have needed a venting yesterday. Hopefully you got it out of your system.

Exactly....stop acting all butthurt and fight back!

I did. :) Had it out of my system a long time ago. I was just joking around with the over-the-top "WHAAAAHHH..." post. (Thought that would have been obvious.)

And I don't work for Best Buy. LOL I work as a product/program manager for a company who designs and markets electronic goods for the consumer market. I used to work very closely with companies like Intel, AMD, NVIDIA, Samsung, etc. -- it was my job to set product requirements, manage cross-functional teams, mitigate risk, manage schedules, and integrate the aforementioned products into finished goods (PCs, in a past life). We catered to a very niche market, and we'd often announce new products and general time frames for "ready-to-ship" at big trade shows. Post-announcement, we'd get calls, emails, and posts in forums -- weeks...even MONTHS in advance -- demanding to know specific dates for when they'd be available and their development status (confidential information). This, of course, usually included comments such as "no respect for customers," "a right to know," "what the hell is [such and such company] doing, anyway?!"

Guess what? You go do your job, and I'll do mine. We won't tell you how to do yours, if you don't tell us how to do ours. We ANNOUNCED a general time-frame for availability, and it's not that time yet. If it's late, we'll let you know (and maybe why). When it's ready, it will ship. Until then, who the hell are YOU to DEMAND anything? We used to get this all the time, and it was just like... *eye roll* My LAWD! Who the hell ARE these people? LOL

That's kinda' where I'm coming from. When I hear someone pipe up like that now, I can't help but think, "Dude...seriously. Just shut up." Some people need to get lives and re...effing...LAX. :)