AVIC411.com

5000 camera settings option.

this setting has one use. According to manual, if you want to monitor a trailer that you are pulling, you have this on. The thing is, if your camera is only powered when in reverse, there will be no picture, and if you have this on, it will automatically go back to the camera view screen every 7 seconds, even if you do not want it to. you can tap the screen to go to a movie, for example and every 7 seconds it reverts back to camera view.  Not a very useful setting if you ask me. 

this setting has one use. According to manual, if you want to monitor a trailer that you are pulling, you have this on. The thing is, if your camera is only powered when in reverse, there will be no picture, and if you have this on, it will automatically go back to the camera view screen every 7 seconds, even if you do not want it to. you can tap the screen to go to a movie, for example and every 7 seconds it reverts back to camera view.  Not a very useful setting if you ask me. 

I had accidently set it to ON and I could see the backup camera every few seconds. Funny thing is my camera is supposed to be powered only in reverse but I guess the installer thought otherwise.. I kinda like this feature but every 7 second is too much...anyway to increase this time frame?

No, but you can touch the star beside it and make it a favorite, so you can hit favorites and turn it off without having to find it each time, that is what some members that have it set up that way will do. Mine was set up that way,until i hooked up the reverse wire on head unit.