AVIC411.com

AVIC-D3 Detailed Review with Photos?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the post. I am looking to install one in a 07, Passat wagon. Wondering how the sound quality is? The HU in the wagon is crap so I want to replace it with a navigation system. In your opinion how do all the sources sound radio, ipod, cd? Is the stage separation good or is it blurred together. Bass is is tight or bloated? Mids and highs are they smooth or tinny. My experience with the stock HU in the passat is that the Mid/Highs are tinny and the bass bloated. Thanks again for you post and any info you might be able to provide.

I think it sounds really good, that being said I am driving factory speakers using only the head unit. I don't listen to FM radio so I can't really comment on that source. XM is fine from what I have listened to and I haven't played a CD yet. The iPod sounds great, one thing I noticed is that if a track was ripped at a low volume level it comes though on the head unit so it doesn't seem to do any level normalization. I'm going to try and play a lossless file and see if I can tell the difference.

I wish I could give you more feedback on the sound but it wouldn't be fair without an amp and some better speakers. My last system had Diamond Audio separates and Xtant amplification so this doesn't really compare. My car also has an odd driver placement that throws off the imaging, I can only assume the Passat is better. My stock head unit used to adjust the volume level depending on how much bass was being played so I am happy that "feature" is gone.

Does your Passat have the Dynaudio package?

cool.

how much do you guys charge for the install (nav, bluetooth, sirius)?

Hopefully CF will ship everything today, and i should have it by friday or so. I have 07 camry.

Let me know if you can hook me up! :)

mobiletrance, i'm from auburn im work at circuit in millbury at sales/install just waiting for us to actuallt get the d3... then well have a party ahha

hmmm...tweeter is charging 150 for nav, 50 for bt and 50 for sirius.

you think you'll be able to give that deal?

Also, will you be able to do the bypass?

Thanks.

the nav we charge 199, the sirius is like 45 or 49, and bluetooth not positive on price, i would have to ask my manager.

no we wont were exspensive for everything, and by policy we cant do the bypass, if you go to tweeter the guy named john is a douche bag haha but shh i never said that. personally your best option to get it bypassed w.o doing ti yourself would be asking rayco, soundsensations both by auburn high school if tweeter wont do it

I just bought a d3 for my 2005 new jetta and am wondering if there's anyway to get my steering wheel controls to work with the new unit. The guy who's going to do my install said that he's never been able to get the steering wheel controls in a jetta to work with a pioneer unit. Is this true or is this guy full of it?

I just bought a d3 for my 2005 new jetta and am wondering if there's anyway to get my steering wheel controls to work with the new unit. The guy who's going to do my install said that he's never been able to get the steering wheel controls in a jetta to work with a pioneer unit. Is this true or is this guy full of it?

You need the PAC SWI-CAN (v 1.4.12) and PAC SWI-PS (v 1.4.6). Here is the website: http://www.pac-audio.com/products/produ ... 0Interface

Only problem is that I can't find a place to buy this stuff from, I am going to e-mail them soon. I have an 06 VW GLI and I would love to keep the steering wheel controls. 8)