AVIC411.com

bluetooth streaming issue

I have a 7000 Nex that replaced a Kenwood 6990hd that was a glitchy nightmare. LOVE this new unit but having an issue with streaming bluetooth audio (pandora). The phone (gs3) is synced to the unit. The phone works great. If I switch sources to bluetooth audio I get a message on the hu screen that says unavailable unplug devices from the cable. I unplug my ipod video from cable and I can stream music. If I plug the ipod back in it cuts the stream and I get the message again. It is acting like there is a port conflict. Any ideas?

I just had it installed this past friday. And yes the ipod works as it should when selected from hu.

• 3 weeks later...

Usb1 is for iphone, check smartphone setting , and change it to none, if it is set to usb. Or change to usb if it is set to none. Otherwise plug into usb2.

I have the exact same problem as the OP. I'm trying to follow joemamma1954's advice, but I don't have "none" option in any of the 8000's smartphone setup settings. I have tried both USB ports, tried both "iphone" and "other" settings but it all fails. As soon as I plug in an iPod Classic, my bluetooth streaming option goes away. 

All I really want is my iPod classic and bluetooth streaming from my Galaxy Nexus phone both be available as sources at the same time. I don't need app radio mode or anything like that. 

Any ideas?