AVIC411.com

AVIC F60DAB (NEX-8000) with Samsung Allshare Cast Dongle

Hello everyone.

F60DAB (NEX-8000) connected via HDMI to Samsung Allshare Cast Dongle.

Does it work?

I better explain: when you give AC power to Allshare CAst Dongle it uotputs to HDMI its own screen (it invites user to activate Screen Mirroring feature on his phone).

Well, on my TV/monitor when I give power I can watch that donle screen.

On my F60DAB (NEX-8000) it is not recongnized.

Anyone tried and has this issue?

ANy setteings to change?

Thanks

sometime it is a simple thing, Not to insult your intelligence, but do you have input set to hdmi?

Thanks,

Yes, of course.

I set this:

Phone connection setting = Others

Type of connection = HDMI  (the unit then informs I can use Aha and Appradio).

But when I connect Allshare Cast dongle via HDMI and give AC power, Appradio button on Home screen stays with "x" mark and does not become available.

Anyone knows what to do ?

Thanks,

Yes, of course.

I set this:

Phone connection setting = Others

Type of connection = HDMI  (the unit then informs I can use Aha and Appradio).

But when I connect Allshare Cast dongle via HDMI and give AC power, Appradio button on Home screen stays with "x" mark and does not become available.

Anyone knows what to do ?

you can't use appradio mode when you hookup Allshare cast dongle, you need to launch appradio app from the phone.

Why on earth are you using Allshare Cast dongle? what purpose is using this?

you can't use appradio mode when you hookup Allshare cast dongle, you need to launch appradio app from the phone.

Why on earth are you using Allshare Cast dongle? what purpose is using this?

Thank you for your kind reply.

So, I resume.

Provided that I use Android phone and I setup in my F60DAB settings on "Phone Connection" as OTHERS and "Type of connection" as HDMI,

Appradio works fine with and my Samsung Note2 phone with HDMI cable conection in the same way it is described in the official Pioneer operating manual.

Everything works fine. Smooth and smart.

But it is a cabled solution.

My goal now is to do the same thing without phisycal cabling my phone.

So, the only solution is to go with "Screen Mirroring" feature available from my phone to transmit HDMI signal to a dongle called "Samsung AllShareCast" that wirelessly receives HDMI inputs from my phone and send it along HDMI cable to F60DAB unit.

So, I hook up Samsung AllShare Cast Dongle to HDMI and USB cables from my F60DAB.

Doing so, Apps button on F60DAB stays grayed.

I think it should become available because anyway it is a HDMI input working (you may do this by plugging the dongle in a tv with HDMI inputs and you may watch the dognle screeen).

For example, if I use Netgear PVT300 dongle instead of Samsung AllShareCast dongle, everything works.

So, if anyone can explain, I'd be grateful.

Thank you

My goal now is to do the same thing without phisycal cabling my phone.

So, the only solution is to go with "Screen Mirroring" feature available from my phone to transmit HDMI signal to a dongle called "Samsung AllShareCast" that wirelessly receives HDMI inputs from my phone and send it along HDMI cable to F60DAB unit.

So, I hook up Samsung AllShare Cast Dongle to HDMI and USB cables from my F60DAB.

Doing so, Apps button on F60DAB stays grayed.

I think it should become available because anyway it is a HDMI input working (you may do this by plugging the dongle in a tv with HDMI inputs and you may watch the dognle screeen).

For example, if I use Netgear PVT300 dongle instead of Samsung AllShareCast dongle, everything works.

So, if anyone can explain, I'd be grateful.

Thank you

wireless is great but you going throught a lot to get it, and the fact is you can't control the phone from HU so what the point? "Screen Mirroring" whatever you do you have to pickup the phone and use it rather then control from HU. I do have Samsung AllShare Cast dongle but i haven't check if there is a problem or not, but not planing to use the phone while drining if i need to i can hookup and use everthing on HU.

Just to clarify:

I also have Netgear Push2Tv dongle (also called PVT3000).

It is a miracast dongle.

I hook it up to HDMI cable and USB cable from my HU.

Apps button in HU home screen becomes colorful and I can touch it to enter Appradio mode and watch the screen coming from Netgear dongle asking me to activate Screen Mirroring feature in my phone.

If I repeat the same thing with my Samsuing AllShare Cast dongle, Apps button on HU home screen stays grey with "x" sign.

I am not talking about how my phone is configured.

My phone is not involved at this stage.

With Netgear dongle I can have Apps button enabled.

With Samsung dongle the Apps button is disabled.

Anyone knows?

To complete my discussion, I inform that these kind of dongles have a small firmware that, when you AC power the dongle, it outputs to HDMI a "welcome" screen informing the user to activate the so called "Screen Mirroring" feature (or whatever the phone manufacture calls it).

This screen is output to HDMI independently if you activate or not the "Screen Mirroring" feature on the phone.

Apps button on F60DAB (NEX-8000) remains grey with "x" connection if you hook Samsung dongle.

Apps button on F60DAB (NEX-8000) becomes colorful and available if you hook Netgear dongle.

More, with Samsung dongle hooked with HDMI and USB to the F60 unit it  gives a screeen with a warning: "Please insert cable".

Mistery...

• 4 months later...

Hi Belfagor I am also looking for a solution to this problem. I have the AVH-4000NEX unit and I'm trying to use an allshare cast dongle with appradio unchained reloaded to wirelessly mirror from a Galaxy S5. I have no problems with doing this over a wired MHL connection but when I try to use the allshare cast dongle the HDMI output is not recognized by the headunit. Strangely it works perfectly on my TV. Also I have tried a chromecast and its HDMI output is recognized by the headunit but the resolution it puts out is completely incompatible with the headunit. 

Is the PTV3000 working for you? If so I will try it. 

• 4 weeks later...

Intersting reads here... I am as well trying to get the samsung allshare dongle working on the 8000 and i have no luck. Phone says its connected to allshare dongle but HU will not recognize anything plugged into hdmi port.. I think I give up on the samsung all share cast dongle. Gonna use that for TV i guess and perhaps purchase a PTV3000 because ive seen a few youtube videos with it actually working!