AVIC411.com

Bluetooth Question for D3

Pulling Z1 out, Putting D3 in. I wasnt that impressed with the bluetooth on the z1 and have already seen the many connection problems with the BTB1 anybody know if I used a Parrott 3200 how that would affect the bypass, could I just stick a new wire and pin in the empty hole or does the mute pin have to vacant for the bypass - issue is the parrott has to have the mute wire and I wasnt for sure if the bypass required the mute pin to be vacant or if that didnt matter if the mute wire and pin were just being used because no one really used them.

While I'm at it anyone have any info on the Ipod video - is it true operation from the touchscreen or limited was wondering how that worked the pioneer website under specifications sais full operation from ipod unit, looking for some hands on info.

I was on the phone with pioneer tech support, and asked them what was the big difference in the 100 and 200.

Pioneer said really it is just a firmware update, basically handling the newer phones, and I asked should I buy that if I had the 100, and he said no not really.

Just thought I would mention.

Well of course. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. But if you are having problems with compatibility with certain phones (i.e. the ppc6700 or cingular 8525) then you should get the 200. Since Sloppy is having problems with his bluetooth right now on his current unit, I recommend he get the btb200 with the assumption that his issues would be fixed with the compatibility updates. Upgrading to a d3 alone is not going to solve his problem.

Nice thing is you could go to crutchfield which has that 30 day free return shipping guarantee and that way you can try it out and see if it fixes the problems from the previous unit. If not, send it back and look into another solution. But personally, I would prefer to have everything tightly integrated into my d3, so I don't have devices here and there mounted on my console.

Well of course. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. But if you are having problems with compatibility with certain phones (i.e. the ppc6700 or cingular 8525) then you should get the 200. Since Sloppy is having problems with his bluetooth right now on his current unit, I recommend he get the btb200 with the assumption that his issues would be fixed with the compatibility updates. Upgrading to a d3 alone is not going to solve his problem.

Nice thing is you could go to crutchfield which has that 30 day free return shipping guarantee and that way you can try it out and see if it fixes the problems from the previous unit. If not, send it back and look into another solution. But personally, I would prefer to have everything tightly integrated into my d3, so I don't have devices here and there mounted on my console.

I am mainly going to the D3 because of the Ipod integration, I have had a Z1 one for about a year now and am not that impressed So I think I am going to to with the D3 and a XPV in dash dvd changer. On the bluetooth situation it actually comes down to the phone I have to use a smartphone for business and the only two available are the treo and the ppc 6700 both of which I have tried and both of which I have had problems currently I am using the ppc 6700 and it disconnects after a few minutes everytime. my concern is wether or not the pioneer bluetooth is going to resolve all issues with phone comaptibility and echo I have the bluetooth update on my Z1 and it isnt 100%. I had heard alot of good things about the parrott and was figuring on flush mounting it somewhere in the console so it would look good.

Go for it. However, as I said, the updated btb200 adapter may fix the problems with the bluetooth. Personally I hope that it will as I am planning to get the 6800 when it comes out for verizon.

The ipod integration on the D3 is definitely much better than previous models and you should be pleased with it this time around.