AVIC411.com

Class action

Lack of lossless support is a deal-breaker for me; I looked closely at the Kenwood and JVC models before buying the NEX and IMHO both were severely lacking and not just in that regard (no support) either.

Neither of them properly handled a SSD full of music, for example, when it came to sort order and similar things.

For the time being I'm using ALAC on iPod for both the 8000NEX and the DNN990HD.  Neither of my former HU's — AVH-P7800DVD, Premier DEH-940MP — supported lossless.  That's why I went the iPod route.

Neither the NEX nor the DNN units support playlists, so lossless isn't that great of an issue, as I'm sticking with my iPod (and I'll eventually convert it's opti-HD to SSD.

I do keep a playlist worth of songs encoded AAC on the 990's SD card... just in case my iPod fails :)  I'll probably do the same on the NEX.  Jumping between this forum and Kenwood's, I forget which has the sort order problem. (or do both?)

I'm pissed but nowhere near lawsuit pissed.

I had Kenwood units going back to the pull out tape decks of the 80s up tp 9980HD and after revisions  sh!tcanned previous models year after year plus the general bugginess referred above I went APPRADIO3 last year & 8000NEX this year.

The NEX sounds head & shoulders above anything from Kenwood & I loved my Kenwood units.

Thanks for the input guys. I guess maybe some of the bitching on the forum here finally got to me. I have done some due diligence on the other models and I have decided to keep the NEX unit. Your input was greatly appreciated. 

Sorry for hijacking the thread.....Now we can get back to mobbing with our pitchforks. 

In terms of features not being available and getting a class action going over that, look into sony pulling features from the ps3 that were there at launch and then they decided they didn't like (otherOS). Nothing could be done about it. The device still served it's main purpose and that was good enough. 

Yeah, I mean, we can grumble all we want, but the idea of some kind of class action suit is laughable. Being disappointed isn't legally actionable.

i was thinking the same, bottom line is they advertised CarPlay as a major selling point and didn't deliver.  a class action suit will probably never happen.. do you guys think a credit card dispute would be legitimate in this situation? ps. i didn't buy from an authorized dealer so I have a feeling that won't help my case either.