AVIC411.com

How do you customize the appradio icons?

I would like to eliminate some of the appradio icons (photo, calendar, etc.) but I don't see any way to do so. I tried a search but it didn't come up with anything.  The manual for appradio also does not talk about customizing it so I'm guessing it is not supported.

Second question, why does the bluetooth phone support not include a mute button (nex4000)?  I have to keep my iphone unlocked so that I can mute it.  Seems pretty obvious to have a mute button.

Posted a bit too soon.  I figured out how to customize - simply hold down the icon for more than a few seconds and they start shaking, then you can move them with your finger.  

Also checked out the mute button but this does NOT mute the microphone when making a call.  Strange there is no mute button.

I don't understand why you would want to mute the microphone when making a call. How would the party on the other end hear you?

If you mean to mute the whole call so nobody else in the car can hear it, you can do that by clicking the Private Mode button on the screen once the call is made. Then you have to use your phone instead of the HU.

Phil

I don't understand why you would want to mute the microphone when making a call. How would the party on the other end hear you?

If you mean to mute the whole call so nobody else in the car can hear it, you can do that by clicking the Private Mode button on the screen once the call is made. Then you have to use your phone instead of the HU.

Phil

I could see using a mic mute bottom in the car. Let's saying you have a couple of people in the car, and a phone conversation with someone else. At one point during the call, the two people in the car might want to have a private onversations that they do not want the other party to hear. Perhaps a brief chat to agree on a point made during the call.

This is pretty common stuff, and is available on the phone and should be available from the HU phone screen as well.

I could see using a mic mute bottom in the car. Let's saying you have a couple of people in the car, and a phone conversation with someone else. At one point during the call, the two people in the car might want to have a private onversations that they do not want the other party to hear. Perhaps a brief chat to agree on a point made during the call.

This is pretty common stuff, and is available on the phone and should be available from the HU phone screen as well.

Ahhhhh, that makes sense, maybe in a future upgrade.

Phil

Thanks for the replies.  I thought may be the mute button would work but that does not have any affect.

The reason I want this feature is that I frequently call into multiple people meetings and I have to use the meeting phone system to mute my phone. It just seems strange to me that the iPhone clearly has a Mute button and the 4000 NEX does not.  But clearly it does not so I'm just fortunate that the phone system we use supports muting.