AVIC411.com

Apps not working on Avic-8000NEX

Hi Everyone.  After reading a lot on this forum I have finally purchased and install an AVIC-8000NEX in my F250.  The unit is awesome and I am very happy with it so far except for one thing.  On the main screen in the upper left corner where the "APPS" icon is there is an "X" just to the right of it and nothing happens when I try to select "APPS".  I am using an iPhone 5.  I have the USB and HDMI installed and I also bought the the Apple Lightning Digital AV adapter.  Crutchfield suggested I purchase the CD-IH202 kit to use with my iPhone 5 to operate app radio.  

I have read and re-read all the manuals on how to connect to apps (app radio).  I install AppRadio on my iPhone along with some comparable apps to try out.   I connect the phone BT to my AVIC in my truck.  I also connect the phone to USB directly to the AVIC . I then look at the AVIC screen.  The APPS icon is unresponsive and still has an "X" next to it like its not connected or something.  I have also tried connecting my iPhone 5 to its separate car charger while keeping it BT with the AVIC and still Apps is unresponsive.  This really has me stumped.  Does  anyone have any suggestions?  Thank you so much...

Oh, and one more question.  Concerning the CD-IH202 kit that i was told to purchase along with my AVIC-8000NEX to connect to my Iphone5, the kit comes with a HDMI, a piece of plastic "bundling rope" and a USB cord.  However, the USB cord has one end that the attachment looks proprietary or something.  It has no place to connect it to the back of my AVIC-8000NEX.    Mine has 2 USB and 1 HDMI connections.  I connected 1 USB and 1 HDMI cord.  Did I miss something during the install?

The cd-ih202 is an overpriced setup. the cord you are talking about is not used on these units. they are for a head unit that does not have a usb port.  All you need is the apple av adapter, and a good hdmi cord. the lightning cable that came with your phone that connects to the av adapter is for charging only. Make sure in your smartphone settings it is set to av adapter, not usb.  If you try to connect your phone via usb with this setup, it will say not compatible, because the usb is only charging the phone.  It is tricky, the app mode, uses bluetooth to connect to the phone, and phone sends audio and video through hdmi to the head unit.

yes, if you look at my sig, i have 4000nex.

Great, thanks. Just to be sure, do I need to plug in the HDMI cable to the back of the unit, or is there a way to connect it through the USB ports (maybe with an adapter or something)? I'm just trying to avoid pulling the unit out of the dash if possible.

Hi All,

I am having the same issue - only I have an android phone (Samsung Galaxy 4). The cable the installer put in for the MHL capability has a micro HDMI end and doesn't fit the Samsung adapter I was told to buy (ET-H10FAUWESTA Micro USB to HDMI 1080P HDTV). It looks like it might work best if I just use a straight HDMI and the Samsung converter. 

Appreciate any advice you may have.

Hi All,

I am having the same issue - only I have an android phone (Samsung Galaxy 4). The cable the installer put in for the MHL capability has a micro HDMI end and doesn't fit the Samsung adapter I was told to buy (ET-H10FAUWESTA Micro USB to HDMI 1080P HDTV). It looks like it might work best if I just use a straight HDMI and the Samsung converter. 

Appreciate any advice you may have.

use correct MHL adapter, i have S4 and i bought this one from Amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CBSDS9Y/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Great, thanks. Just to be sure, do I need to plug in the HDMI cable to the back of the unit, or is there a way to connect it through the USB ports (maybe with an adapter or something)? I'm just trying to avoid pulling the unit out of the dash if possible.

Yes you have to plug into hdmi on back of head unit.

I wish it would work consistently.  It seems like every time I connect it is a roll of the dice.  The only consistent way to get Apps working is to reset the Smartphone setting to BT and then back to AV.  Then I get the ignore/warning/okay set between my 5S and the 4000NEX.  Other times it just works.