AVIC411.com

How do I update the maps for an Avic-6000nex

Hi

I have similiar situation with my new AVIC F960BT. Installled maps are very old Q2 2013.

When I sync with naviextras toolbox it shows that I have one free update and the most current version is Q4 2013. 

Offer valid until 25 november... ( my unit started yesterday ) 

Should I update? Or should I wait for AVICSYNC to get free update for Q1 2014.

Can You link any press release where Pioneer stated that they will grant us free update after releasing this app?

I got through! And other than a dropped call on my first 10 minute wait, I had a really great experience with Pioneer Technical support.

Here is what I have learned:

Our one "free" map upgrade will be made possible by the yet to be launched AVICSYNC not through NAVIEXTRAS.COM which is a "3rd party company" and not supported by Pioneer.

I commented on how happy I was with CarPlay, and yet he apologized for being 4 days late after the Summer deadline. 

He went on to explain WHY it was late, which I found interesting and indirectly assuring of Pioneers quality control. He said the 1.06 firmware that enabled Carplay was tested with iOS8.0.2 and was ready for release when they received, very late in the 1.06 development, iOS 8.1 beta . He said that iOS8.1beta had some glitches with CarPlay in NEX 1.06 so they held it until a fix was ready.

I know I appreciate this decision as I would have gained an unknown amount of glitches when I moved to my iOS8.1 beta over the weekend, shortly after just gaining CarPlay.

So it does, indeed, appear that Pioneer is trying their best to keep up with Apples fast iOS rollouts at least one beta version into the future.

This simple explanation on Pioneers facebook page could have quelled many on this forum (but not all... some of you will never be happy). It definitely makes me feel better, at least now, after learning of the issues they prevented.

I agree with you and thank you for the effort to contact Pioneer and clarify these things. Did they say when the update will become available?

He did not say a specific date,

I got through! And other than a dropped call on my first 10 minute wait, I had a really great experience with Pioneer Technical support.

Here is what I have learned:

Our one "free" map upgrade will be made possible by the yet to be launched AVICSYNC not through NAVIEXTRAS.COM which is a "3rd party company" and not supported by Pioneer.

I commented on how happy I was with CarPlay, and yet he apologized for being 4 days late after the Summer deadline. 

He went on to explain WHY it was late, which I found interesting and indirectly assuring of Pioneers quality control. He said the 1.06 firmware that enabled Carplay was tested with iOS8.0.2 and was ready for release when they received, very late in the 1.06 development, iOS 8.1 beta . He said that iOS8.1beta had some glitches with CarPlay in NEX 1.06 so they held it until a fix was ready.

I know I appreciate this decision as I would have gained an unknown amount of glitches when I moved to my iOS8.1 beta over the weekend, shortly after just gaining CarPlay.

So it does, indeed, appear that Pioneer is trying their best to keep up with Apples fast iOS rollouts at least one beta version into the future.

This simple explanation on Pioneers facebook page could have quelled many on this forum (but not all... some of you will never be happy). It definitely makes me feel better, at least now, after learning of the issues they prevented.

I agree with you and thank you for the effort to contact Pioneer and clarify these things. Did they say when the update will become available?

He did not say specifically but did imply there would be something coming. Not sure if that means an update to the Firmware again (hopefully) or just the AvicSync software debut.

I contacted EU Pioneer and they told me that Avicsync will have nothing to do with free update...

The only free update I have is 45 days via naviextras and Avicsync will give me opportunity to purchase maps in the future but there won't be any free update.

That is what I was told.

Maybe its a difference in EU vs USA Pioneer. I called the USA Pioneer support line.

My tech went to the extent of taking a good bit of personal information, name, number, device serial etc so that it would be logged that my concern would be honored (that I couldnt access my free map upgrade in the first 90 days of ownership via current methods). He would often put me on hold to check with his superiors to be sure what he was saying was accurate.

He said no one there had access to NaviExtras accounts to "credit" me with a free map since they were a 3rd party vendor, and not administered by Pioneer.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi im from spain i have problems with my avic-f960bt i after updating firware original from pioneer 1.0.7 after that i went to navigacion then opciones then syncrtool i took my informacion from the avic putten the usb memory in a pc whithnaviextrastoolbar instalad i login and it says i have updates i click update and it updates ok now i plug it again in my f960bt go to navigacion opciones syncrotools and it says you have an update whith you like to update i press yes to confirme after a minit it says update succesfully but suddenly when navigate starts up ther is no maps nothing i cant put country i can only see the posicion of the poin i fallowed pioneer and naviextras instrucciones step by step when i call pioneer and allso naviextras i dont get any help i tried evrything i boughtit 2 month ago new they say waranty dont fix updates its your updated and your instruccion idiots so it your responsabilty but they are not helping the same happened when i bougt the original pack off speed camaras now can any body please help me to backup maps or sonething i have the original backup but now it doesnt accept it it says its no compatibl sorry about my inglis please if some body nows or had a similar priblem help me

I'd like to know about any update on new maps and AVICSYNC also, if anyone knows. I'm getting quite frustrated that I can't get good traffic data on this system. (5000NEX)

I'm not sure the Traffic feature is enabled on my AVIC-5000NEX. Is there a trick to turning it on? Does it require any iPhone apps to feed it traffic info?

Also looking forward to any NEX map updates, as I use it more than CarPlay when I'm on the open road. CarPlay works better for me in cities with its A-GPS function.

@raympower

Have You checked what updates were available?

I just updated my F960Bt and I had 3 updates available

- language FIX ( not recommended to install )

- navigation FIX

- map update

I was supposed to uncheck manually both FIXes and install only map update

Rest of updates are needed only if you have problem after mao update ( some users had problem with voice guidance after that )

My update was smooth and no problems at all.

Maybe you installed all fixes by mistake and that might damaged your maps.

Just guessing.