AVIC411.com

Just bought 4000NEX, should I get the new Pionner pioneer sph-da120?

Hello everyone...

The title say it all. Next Saturday I will install a brand new 4000nex.  Today Pioneer announced  Sph-da120.  The price difference is not much. 

Question for the experts here, should I stay with my current purchase or get the new one DA120? I am trying to look at the specific features at the Pioneer site but as os this moment it is down.

I don't watch DVD nor do I listen to CD's.  The 4000nex is 7" and the DA120 is 6.2. That is all I know for now.

Thank you and have you all a good day. 

Trevor

I hate to admit it, but I think the AppRadio4 (DA120) is a better-looking unit than my 4000NEX, which looks like an '80's product.  I'm not crazy about the smaller screen, though.  It DOES come with a GPS antenna apparently.  I feel the price should be closer to $400-$450 though, $600 is not much less than the 4000NEX.  Tough call, LOL.

I hate to admit it, but I think the AppRadio4 (DA120) is a better-looking unit than my 4000NEX, which looks like an '80's product.  I'm not crazy about the smaller screen, though.  It DOES come with a GPS antenna apparently.  I feel the price should be closer to $400-$450 though, $600 is not much less than the 4000NEX.  Tough call, LOL.

I concur. Decisions, decisions. 

Well, I have until Saturday to decide. But I think I will stay with the current purchase (4000NEX) just because the price is +/- $100 more.  As soon as  Pioneer get the site working again I will read the details and specifications about the new one. Is the AppRadio4 have something better to offer compared to the the 4000NEX then I will change my mind.

The NEX 4000 has a resistive screen (cheaper to manufacture) so it has a larger screen. The AppRadio 4 has a capacitive screen, more expensive to manufacture, therefore, smaller screen to keep costs down. There are other differences if you care to read on.

Info: http://www.pcpro.co.uk/realworld/357325/capacitive-or-resistive-whats-the-best-type-of-touchscreen

Dude I am in the EXACT same situation! I just ordered one yesterday from Amazon and found out about the AppRadio4 today. Capacitive touch screen is definitely nice...But the larger screen on the NEX is also hard to give up...

Only problem here is that if I try to return the NEX, I think I'll get hit with a restocking fee... :/

Does anyone know if the AppRadio will work with an iPod (i.e. non-smartphone?)

Dude I am in the EXACT same situation! I just ordered one yesterday from Amazon and found out about the AppRadio4 today. Capacitive touch screen is definitely nice...But the larger screen on the NEX is also hard to give up...

Only problem here is that if I try to return the NEX, I think I'll get hit with a restocking fee... :/

Does anyone know if the AppRadio will work with an iPod (i.e. non-smartphone?)

I decided in favor of the 4000NEX. Oh, well, it is what it is.   I like the bigger screen size. Even when the quality may not be as good as the new one.  Don't know the answer about the iPod, sorry. Hopefully someone here will help.

Decided to stick with the 4000NEX as well (mainly because I can't return it anyway without a hefty restocking fee.)  Some of the other factors:

• Larger screen will be nice
  • HD radio
  • Ability to play HD radio or pandora, CD, etc. in the background while using CarPlay
  • Motorized display for reducing glare (I hear it is useful)
  • Removable screen for security

Still having some buyer's remorse though, so we'll see how things go.