AVIC411.com

Can't get Carplay to activate after upgrade

I just updated the firmaware on my NEX 5000 to 1.06 to get carplay.  The System Information on my NEX says "1.06". I changed the smartphone settings to USB and carplay icon appeared. I then connected my iPhone 6, but cant seem to get carplay to activate. Is carplay suppose to only work on USB1, USB 2 or does it matter.  Also, i have the CD-IV202AV cable kit connected to my NEX.  Am i suppose to remove this cable kit now? someone please help.

Thanks.

Only works on USB 1. Make sure you are using the correct input and make sure you have updated the OS in your phone. 

yeah only works on the lightning cable connected to USB1 connected directly to the iPhone. Will not connect with the HDMI/Lightning cable adapter. so if you want to stream video off your phone, you will have to unplug lightning cable plug it into the adapter and then  plug the adapter into your phone again.. 

Messages.. would not show any previous messages or the message I composed..it displays on the phone screen but not the 8000nex 

Look and feel of the app is cheaply done. not the usual for apple or pioneer..

NOT HAPPY...

yeah only works on the lightning cable connected to USB1 connected directly to the iPhone. Will not connect with the HDMI/Lightning cable adapter. so if you want to stream video off your phone, you will have to unplug lightning cable plug it into the adapter and then  plug the adapter into your phone again.. 

Messages.. would not show any previous messages or the message I composed..it displays on the phone screen but not the 8000nex 

Look and feel of the app is cheaply done. not the usual for apple or pioneer..

NOT HAPPY...

So carplay removes any video stream from the iPhone?  This totally sucks! It will be nice if USB2 would work for video streaming. I wonder if there's any other way to stream video now..

Yes, this is totally disappointing! There is absolutely no reason why Pioneer shouldn't be able to support CarPlay when plugged in through Digital AV Adapter; I suspect the next firmware upgrade will address this.

What's worse, having CarPlay enabled will disable Mirroring and SD Card playback for the Rear Video source! Meaning, I can't use CarPlay while kids watch videos off SD Card on the rear monitor. Now, this particular issue may be due to a real technical limitation (per Pioneer's CarPlay implementation) and I'm VERY disappointed. Basically now I am left with a headunit that I must choose between CarPlay navigation OR SD Card media playback, but not both simultaneously. Granted, NEX is still the best multimedia deck out there for the money, but its CarPlay implementation really cripples some of the best NEX features.