AVIC411.com

CarPlay Maps Night Mode???

Carplay Maps doesn't dim for me used it to night and it was very bright and as far as NEX dimming there is an illumination wire (Orange)  but unless its wired to harness adapters illumination wires you can't  dim from your cars dimmer.  I did notice the other day that when I updated the theme on my iPhone 6Plus that icons are also updated in Carplay on the NEX. 

Updated the theme?  Are you jailbroken? 

It's honestly broken. When the app first launches if the moon and the sun are in perfect alignment, the car display is set to night mode, and you're not in satellite view on your phone, your app can go to night mode. However, if anything is off it will jump back to day mode and there is no switching back. 

It's honestly broken. When the app first launches if the moon and the sun are in perfect alignment, the car display is set to night mode, and you're not in satellite view on your phone, your app can go to night mode. However, if anything is off it will jump back to day mode and there is no switching back. 

I fixed my problem with nightmode8 allows me to enable nightmare on maps  so i'll use that until apple fixes the issue then remove it b/c using maps at night in my car on my nex-4000 is distracting.

I fixed my problem with nightmode8 allows me to enable nightmare on maps  so i'll use that until apple fixes the issue then remove it b/c using maps at night in my car on my nex-4000 is distracting.

Yeah but I'm not jailbroken and I'm running the unjailbreakable version of the OS.......lame.

• 11 months later...

Any update to this?  Running iOS 9.2 on iPhone 6S and mine is never in night mode.  I've tried rebooting, closing the maps app, making sure it's in standard view, with or without navigating, etc.  I sent a feedback to Apple but who knows how that goes.  This makes using the maps at night pretty annoying.