AVIC411.com

connect Iphone 5s and Appradio2 DA100

then confirm for me that you do not need the kit CD-IH202

I have no idea why you'd need that cable, the AR2 has HDMI on the rear of it, Pioneer seem to have an awful habit of listing cables for units that they are not needed for.

Like I said all you need is a standard HDMI cable and an Apple HDMI to lightning adapter to run an iPhone 5/5S/5C with App Radio 2

sphda100.jpg

The AR2 (SPH-DA100) comes with the old 30 pin cable with a detachable male-female USB junction in the middle of it. That junction was originally meant to be separated in order to do firmware updates over USB. When Apple introduced the new lightning cable, Pioneer created a kit which still required that you have a lightning Digital AV adapter and USB-lightning cable. That kit included a new cable that eliminated the 30 pin connector. You can skip the kit all together and just buy the cables mentioned in the 2nd post of this thread. Use the original cable, and tuck the 30 pin connector away or cut it off. All you need from the original AR2 cable is the female USB receptacle (plus the apple cables and an HDMI cable, as mentioned). 

I think you definitely need the Apple adapter (http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD826ZM/A/lightning-digital-av-adapter). Try eBay -  I think i got mine fore $30. You can use any old HDMI cable, and for your lightning to USB, either use Apple or any MFi (made for iPhone) certified cable. 

Additionally, you might want an extension (female-male) lightning cable so that you can tuck away all those adapters in you dashboard or whatever, and only have one lightning cable that's visible. The best one would be the Cable Jive one. It's expensive. I have some Chinese one that actually works (sorry, no link - Check out appradioworld.com for the corresponding story - this was an issue many months ago). 

Someday, all these adapters will be a thing of the past. 

http://www.appradioworld.com/2014/10/future-phone-connections-to-pioneer-car.html