AVIC411.com

How often does Pioneer release firmware updates?

Well the nex line was release a little under a year ago. They never released a firmware for avicsync and the carplay was originally supposed to bed early summer. They also don't seem to communicate well on what they are doing so I wouldn't hold my breath. The comments from other Pioneer owners is that they are not never good about firmware updates.

However it does kind of seem like they are working on the amp popping problem so maybe they will fix that...

My Z150 is 18 months old. There have been two firmware updates which fixed a couple of bugs and tweaked some already available features. If Pioneer holds to form, they'll forget all about supporting the current NEX series when they announce the 2015 models. The business model appears to be: if you want the latest features, buy the latest head unit. Pioneer isn't the only company in the industry to subscribe to that model.

I'd love to have Mirrorlink on my head unit. It seems to be a superior interface than the AppMode that is just as shitty in 2014 as it was in 2013.