AVIC411.com

My D3 Install With Lots Of Pics And A Review!!!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So lets say if I'm going from Point A to Point B using the navigation, and i decide to listen to my MP3 CD, can I take the nav dvd out and put my cd in and will it still store my route and current area map? or will it just not show anything? What about POI...are they stored in the nav memory, or do they run from dvd as well?

The nav is actually very fast and yes you have to have the dvd in...but you can take it out and it will store your route.

I guess thats not too bad.

I think over the period of 1 year or so...putting the dvd in and taking it out over and over will scratch up the dvd.

I guess i better burn a copy of the dvd just in case. :)

Your exactly right...you put in the dvd enter your destination, then it loads up the route...then you pop the dvd out and put in ur mp3 cd. POI are stored on the dvd as well!

It seems many people are misinformed on DVD navi. The DVD is only accessed when you input an adress or search through POI's. After you chose a destination, it stores the instructions/route in its Flash based memory. You can then take out the DVD if you choose, or leave it. IF you take it out, you have about a 10 mile radius outside of the already mapped out destination before it request to place the DVD back in.

thanks for the info.

Will it inform me before the 10 mile radius is about to end, or will it just show blank map?

I guess I just have to use the ipod all the time.

It seems many people are misinformed on DVD navi. The DVD is only accessed when you input an adress or search through POI's. After you chose a destination, it stores the instructions/route in its Flash based memory. You can then take out the DVD if you choose, or leave it. IF you take it out, you have about a 10 mile radius outside of the already mapped out destination before it request to place the DVD back in.

Yes it will inform you. I have had a D1 in my work vehicle for years. With Ipod and satellite radio, I have literally used the CD slot 10-20 times. Taking the DVD in and out is a minor annowance now considering all the other features I gained

thanks for the info.

Will it inform me before the 10 mile radius is about to end, or will it just show blank map?

You can change the onscreen interface to one of five different colors. You can change the buttons to one of 32,000

yes I use a capacitor flame me!

Great pictures, am I correct in noticing that some of the icons on the display also change to match the selected illumination color?

And why would you get flamed for using a capacitor?

thanks for the info.

Honestly, you have to work to make it lose its memory. They only time i've done it on my Avic-N1 was when I was driving my buddy home and jumped off the highway with my home address still inputed, when we reached his house it stated on the screen: No map info avalible...scaling up.

But before that happens you'll prob. flip from all the times the voice tells you to jump back onto route.