AVIC411.com

Large Album Art Not Showing After 1.06/1.08 Updates 5000NEX

Yep -- the NEX units will not look in the folder for artwork files (which is stupid and wasteful); to display the artwork must be in EACH music file individually as a tag. Yes, this means if you have 20 songs in an album you must consume 20x the album art in disk space, but since music is rather large compared against these art files it's not as bad as it initially sounds.

My apologies I didn't realize this was happening. The latest iTunes versions make embedding artwork tougher, BeaTunes has some active threads on this. Sorry, I'll see myself out. :)

If you want to embed the artwork in iTunes you can right click on one song and Get Info. Click on the artwork and right click and copy the image. Highlight all songs for a given album and right click and Get Info again. Delete the album image and paste the copied image and apply. This will embed the image onto the individual files.

I've read that one on various sites.  Okay let's say I can... IDK as I really don't embed artwork in iTunes itself.  So I've already did the Get Album Artwork feature.

1) How do I tell which song files have embedded artwork and which ones do not...???  Let's say I have around 20,000 songs in my library and through previous work, perhaps 15,000 have embedded artwork.

2) Provided a response to 1) is viable, how long do you think it would take to do the remaining 5,000 songs?

FWIW, the script I posted earlier did not work for me with iTunes 12, after revising as suggested.  I tried the Maximize iCovertArt app.  It worked for 5 songs.  It may have let me do another 5 songs at a time, after restart, but it scans all the iTunes files on start up... taking several minutes to complete.  I paid the $5 registration fee, and am awaiting the unlock code via email.

There is a script that will embed artwork but it is more miss than hit. The easiest way to find out is to export your files onto a sub and play them back. No artwork if the music isn't embedded. Artwork will show on iPhonesplaying through the music app if it is not embedded and in most cases the artwork will download if not there.

http://dougscripts.com/itunes/scripts/ss.php?sp=reembedartwork

For what it's worth, despite everything said here, the only way to get some of my ripped albums to show album art on my head unit was to get the album art from iTunes. Even if it meant making an entirely new account for a different region. I'm ripping in AIFF now and hopefully that stops this issue.

For what it's worth, despite everything said here, the only way to get some of my ripped albums to show album art on my head unit was to get the album art from iTunes. Even if it meant making an entirely new account for a different region. I'm ripping in AIFF now and hopefully that stops this issue.

I subscribe to iTunes Match, and I've made it a point to delete/re-download all my music. Even stuff that I did not buy from the Apple iTunes store. $24 yearly fee to keep my music sanitized is worth it to me. The tunes all come down with artwork, but none of the artwork shows in CarPlay. I agree with previous poster's concern, having to embed artwork is silly. Hope the bug report I submitted to Apple gets a prompt response.

Carplay Album Art Issue

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/39802-carplay-album-art-issue/&do=findComment&comment=286615

I am not sure of your setup, but my album artwork looks fine on CarPlay playing from my iPhone 6. I also use iTunes Match.

I just migrated to a new MacBook Pro Retina and my library metadata got hosed (I didn't use Migration Assistant). So my ratings, number of times each track was played, etc., got lost along the way, and I ended up with a bunch of duplicates.

The duplicates are resolved, and as of yesterday I re-enabled iTunes Match. So my library has to re-sync to the iTunes Match servers. I'm guessing it'll take a few days for that to complete. Then I'll need to re-sync my iPhone 6. Then I can test again and report back.