AVIC411.com

Carplay Album Art Issue

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just activated the iOS 9 beta program on my 6+.  The album art is improved as you can see it full screen and see it better.  It's still blurry and stretched though.  However, with the 4100 you still have the issue of brightness.  The screen looks good in cloudy or night conditions but the album art tends to fade away as the sun gets brighter.  Maybe the higher end versions with the different screen are more resistant to light and thus the art doesn't get washed out.  I have my brightness and dimmer maxed out.  What also helps is going to -3 on the temperature.  The biggest help to clarity is maximizing the contrast.  However, when you do that, the app colors and the apple maps are washed out.  I'm leaving my contrast set to 0 because I do use the maps.  If I didn't use maps I might bump the contrast all the way up for better clarity.  The app icons get so washed out though.  As with the iPhone, I barely notice the new font.  Siri is a little more colorful on the screen now as well.  The voice ripple/line is multi-colored instead of white now.  

I am using 9.0 GM with the default settings and I can see the album art better than before. But I don't think the album art is every going to be bright, clear and vivid. There is too much varity of color and complexity for the text to appear great on all of the possible albums out there. The Beatles white album vs dark side of the moon. What text color do you use? If the art is very busy, would the text be legible? The reason the art is soft and blurry is so that the text will be readable. It has to be, to be safe for the driver.

I am using 9.0 GM with the default settings and I can see the album art better than before. But I don't think the album art is every going to be bright, clear and vivid. There is too much varity of color and complexity for the text to appear great on all of the possible albums out there. The Beatles white album vs dark side of the moon. What text color do you use? If the art is very busy, would the text be legible? The reason the art is soft and blurry is so that the text will be readable. It has to be, to be safe for the driver.

I just think I preferred it the way it was when some of the art was clear and then faded out towards the bottom. Now, it just looks like a shapeless blob of colors behind the song text.

I do wish the artwork was a tad sharper but even when it was it had that horrible black mask over it. Yes in bright sunlight it is a little hard to see but I'm fine with that. The fade made it look like half my screen was broken and I'd barely see the top third of the artwork. I even toned down my brightness and contrast settings.

I agree. If the artwork were slightly less blurry, it would be a lot better. Depending on the album art, it sometimes looks just like abstract colors and not really recognizable as the album cover.

It's funny, the one thing that bothers me is that they moved the artist name from the top line and now put it on the same line as the album name, separated by a dash.