AVIC411.com

Carplay Album Art Issue

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been playing around with the settings will that more and I think I've narrowed it down to two issues. First, The album art work is really affected by sunlight. If There's a lot of sunlight on I can't see the album artwork well or at all. I can see it real easily at night and pretty good in cloudy conditions. Second, I think Apple's part of the problem. The album artwork is stretched and blown up rather than just filling the screen .

Yes, Apple is THE problem. When CarPlay launched the album art filled the screen. There was no fade around the controls. It was still dim be viewable. Someone must have thought the art was a distraction to drivers, especially if it meshed with the the onscreen controls and added the fade making it almost pointless to be there. This new "solution" is even worse.

• 2 weeks later...

I have to take back what I said earlier about the Album Art implementation in iOS 9. I downloaded the beta and I think this may be the best release yet. No, you don't see a a sharp rendering of the album art, but you do get a fullscreen blur of the art that is very tasteful and "artistic". For the most part, the ugly banding is gone from Carplay trying to fade the image to black from top to bottom. The entire screen is now filled with color so it doesn't look like half your screen is broken. The brightness also seems to be much better. Yes, I am still cranking the Brightness a bit but before I also had to mess with the contrast. I no longer have to do that. I'm very happy!

I have to take back what I said earlier about the Album Art implementation in iOS 9. I downloaded the beta and I think this may be the best release yet. No, you don't see a a sharp rendering of the album art, but you do get a fullscreen blur of the art that is very tasteful and "artistic". For the most part, the ugly banding is gone from Carplay trying to fade the image to black from top to bottom. The entire screen is now filled with color so it doesn't look like half your screen is broken. The brightness also seems to be much better. Yes, I am still cranking the Brightness a bit but before I also had to mess with the contrast. I no longer have to do that. I'm very happy!

Any chance we could see some screenshots?