AVIC411.com

NEX8000 switches from radio to CarPlay every 2 minutes

When I have my iPhone 5s connected to my NEX8000, if I am listening to the radio it switches over to iPod 1 after about 2 minutes.  I then switch back to Radio, and it switches back to iPod 1.  This game continues until I get fed up and I take the phone out of the charging cradle.

Has anyone else seen this behavior?  Anything I can do about it, other than disconnecting the iPhone? The iPhone has iOS 8.1 and the NEX8000 has the v1.06 firmware update.  After having many problems with the iOS 8.1 update, I am now wary of all firmware updates and I'm inclined to ignore the v1.08 NEX firmware update.

CarPlay works just fine - I have no issues with it.

When I have my iPhone 5s connected to my NEX8000, if I am listening to the radio it switches over to iPod 1 after about 2 minutes.  I then switch back to Radio, and it switches back to iPod 1.  This game continues until I get fed up and I take the phone out of the charging cradle.

Has anyone else seen this behavior?  Anything I can do about it, other than disconnecting the iPhone? The iPhone has iOS 8.1 and the NEX8000 has the v1.06 firmware update.  After having many problems with the iOS 8.1 update, I am now wary of all firmware updates and I'm inclined to ignore the v1.08 NEX firmware update.

CarPlay works just fine - I have no issues with it.

No problems with my iPhone 6, iOS 8.1 and v1.08. What kind of charging cradle are you using? I just use the Lightning cable hooked up to USB 1. Perhaps it's an issue with the cradle.. Have you tried just hooking up the Lightning cable?