AVIC411.com

AVIC Z-1 and Cingular 8525 Connectivity

Hello,

I have been looking at several posting and didn't see anything. Has anyone been able to get the Cingular 8525 to work with the Z-1. I had an unlocked QTEK 9100 and it worked fine. I just upgraded and the unit does not recognize the phone. I finally get the unit to see the device but then the password is not accepted. I also get the blue X over the icon on the top right. Can anyone shed light on this issue. I want to know if I need to do do something special to make this thing work.

Thanks

I played around with the sequence I was pairing the device. I put the phone in discovery mode. It found the NAV system but then when it asked for the password, I then went to the NAV and selected the option to register by phone. Then I went back to the phone and put in the passkey.

I have the 8525. I was able to pair the 2. It goes in and out but it pairs. Also the echo is awful. Even after the upgrade so not sure if the phone is the cause or not. I paird it from teh phone had the phone discover the NAV. and yes had to enter in the passphrase...

Ok, 03...how did you pair your phone and Z1? I have an 8525 and got it to pair, no problem, but the blue tooth will drop out after about 2 minutes into the call. It will then hook back up again after the call has ended...then will drop again. I got it to not drop a call one time but that was it. It's frustrating getting it to work only to have teh call drop out in the middle. When the BT drops, I can pick up the handset and the call is active on teh handset. This does not happen with my handsfree headset I use in my other car.

Jay

• 1 month later...