AVIC411.com

Does anyone see, the problem I see with the new D3?

Because of the way it's designed, The screen sits off-center in the dash because of the rotary knob on the left side. I didn't really notice it when looking at the pics of the unit itself, but when I first saw it installed in a car it stuck out like a sore thumb. It's kind of a nit-picky thing, but it is something to take note of, because I for one, would be unhappy with an uneven dash.... What do you guys think?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oooo...I thought you were talking about the lcd screen alignment within the nav unit.

Nevermind then. I think thats smart that they put the button on the left side...otherwise driver have to bend more towards right to access the buttons.

I don't see this as an issue though.

I think they are just used to the D1/D2 units where there was an equal column on both sides of the unit to make the screen centered. If they want an even smaller screen, they could put an equally big column on their D3 and make it a 5'' screen.

actually... ergenamically, or however you spell it, it would make more sense to put the knob on the right side, radio placement has improved over the years and is much more accessable now adays, but with the knob on the left you have to look over/around your hand and arm to see the screen and what your adjusting with the knob. geometrical appearance is important, and it being 'not the same' on both sides would errk me a bit.