AVIC411.com

Does anyone see, the problem I see with the new D3?

well I guess it just comes down to taste or(settling for what you just paid 1,000 bucks for!) You can't argue that the unit would look worse if it was symetrical, because you would be wrong. THEREFOR, it safe to say that the unit would look better if it WAS symetrical....

But maybe I'm one of the few that wants everything in his car to look perfect, and clean... not off-center

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What does it matter that the D3 is not symmetrical when the entire dash is not symmetrical?

The pic of the car interior you posted has the A/C vent & button pod left shifted so that's also not symmetrical either! The hazard button in the middle doesn't line up with the center of the radio and climate control. The D3 is just one of many asymmetrical things in the car.

just so you know

GnatGoSplat thats not his car, but even if it was, the hazard lights are centered, its the picture that makes it look not so centered. And a bit more info, car manufactures do take this kind of stuff in mind, and weighs heavy on the cockpit layout, and even the body of the vehicle. Most people are comfortable in an equally sided/designed seating arrangement over a non style. but if you dont like it, thats fine, you dont have to, some people just have a different level of perfection then others, some people are anal like that, let them be.

Yea, lets all take design lessons from GM..... then we'd think it looks fucked up when something IS centered! which was EXACTLY my point earlier:

You can't argue that the unit would look worse if it was symetrical, because you would be wrong. THEREFOR, it safe to say that the unit would look better if it WAS symetrical....

Also note the other thread going on where the same topic has arrised

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4660

They clearly outline Tillithz's earlier point of saying that because they made the unit offcenter by putting the rotary knob on left, it also proves to be somewhat disfunctional..

My only complaint so far is that the volume display gets covered up by my hand when I adjust it because it displays on the bottom left corner. I wish it were on a different part of teh screen.

I have converted. I love the knob--Its like a new toy that I can't stop playing with :D even though I have a remote. It has the perfect amount of resistance to it, I can turn the D3 up and down at lightning speed with it, I can mute with it, I can change sources with it, I can make the map go away with it, and best of all, I can hang up on people with it. Its quite a glorious knob

well I guess it just comes down to taste or(settling for what you just paid 1,000 bucks for!) You can't argue that the unit would look worse if it was symetrical, because you would be wrong. THEREFOR, it safe to say that the unit would look better if it WAS symetrical....

But maybe I'm one of the few that wants everything in his car to look perfect, and clean... not off-center

get over it.

So then your steering wheel is in the center of the car right? Along with the pedals too? Or do you have a steering wheel on both sides of the car and a gauge cluster too?

Symmetrical in a car? Yeah right never happen. THere's almost nothing symmetrical in a car.

are you kidding me??

So then your steering wheel is in the center of the car right? Along with the pedals too? Or do you have a steering wheel on both sides of the car and a gauge cluster too?

wow