AVIC411.com

AVIC-D3 accessory connection/questions

Hey All,

I am close to finalizing my decisoin on ordering the AVIC-D3 for my 03' Toyota Sequoia.

I had a few questions about the unit, was wondering if you all could help. I want to add several accessories to the unit and was wondering how all of the accessories will connect (will it all connect)? I want to get the following: Bluetooth CD-BTB100, I-Pod connector CD-I200, Rear View camera, Pioneer CD-Changer, and TV Tuner.

I know the back of the nav unit has a dedicated I-pod connector port. Where does the CD Changer, Bluetooth, Rear View Camera, and TV Tuner plug into? Not sure what components connect to the wire harness plug that comes with the nav unit. I know the D3 has a IP-Bus connector, I guess if I connect the TV tuner to this port, where would the CD CHanger connect to? Where does the Bluetooth module plug into?

With the 15Gb memory, will that allow me to save music to the hard drive (mp3 or CD). Not quite sure what the memory is alocated for (nav memory or music)

Thanks for any info

Biz

The ipod has its own plug

the bluetooth has its own plug

cam has an rca and a reverse wire on harness "hook camera to ign so you can watch on map

Only the "6" new dvd changer will work with the tv tuner and you must put the changer inline first. Ipbus out and av out to radio and run the tv tuner into the ipbus and avin on the changer.

Thanks for the great info, I guess I need to do some more research to see if I can hook up the tv tuner. I would hate to have to buy the $+700 6 DVD changer just to make the tv tuner work. Is there any other way to make the tv tuner work?

Sportsfan21, thanks for the info on the D3 not having a hard drive. I guess I was confused from Pioneers website, it said the unit has a 15Gb Data size navigation. I assume that entire hard drive is dedicated just for the nav system and not any other type of media storage.

Can anyone verify if the tv tuner can be connected to the D3, and whether I need the 6 disc/dvd changer to make the tv tuner work.+

Thanks

:lol:

The problem with the D3 is that it doesn't have an AV bus.

On the previous models, there was an AV bus that connected to the headunit along with the IP bus that allowed for you to control the tv tuner or dvd player via the touchscreen.

You may still be able to use the DVD changer, you would have to check the manual. On the D1/2 you could connect the DVD changer through the RCA inputs along with an IP bus cable and still control through the touchscreen. The TV tuner was never given this option.

The reason that Pioneer might not have included the TV tuner in the D3 is because the US is switching TV signals soon, and the TV tuner they use will no longer work. By the time the US switches next year (I believe Feb 2008), its possible Pioneer will have the D4 (wow that feel wierd to type), and then they will be able to integrate a TV tuner into it.

When Pioneer says that there is 15 GB of navigation info, thats on the two DVDs. The D3 has a small amount of memory to store your route when you take the disc out, but there is no hard drive in the D3.

WHY DO YOU NEED A TV TUNER? TO WATCH THE CHANNEL 5 NEWS DRIVING DOWN TH ROAD? WHAT A BIG WASTE OF MONEY , THEY WORK LIKE CRAP , ANYWAY, ITS NOT LIKE YOU CAN WATCH HBO OR SOMETHING, LATER THIS YEAR SIRUIS WILL START WITH LIKE 3 OR 4 TV STATIONS ON THEIR SERVICE, I LEARNED AT A SEMINAR LAST NIGHT, THAT SOUNDS LIKE A COOL NEW DIRECTION THEY ARE GOING IN.

Oh man, was not even thinking of the broadcast signals going away starting next year by FCC :shock: . You guys just saved me a big hurdle and headache I was not even thinking of.

I just thought with the relatively low price of the tv tuner, it would be a nice (some what) cheap add on. Scratch that plan for the tv tuner.

THANKS

:lol:

The D3 does not support the TV tuner. The DVD changer will work in standalone mode--meaning you will have to run it in through the A/V input and use the DVD remote to control everything it does. Everything else is P-bus and will daisy chain together including the CDBTB100 but you may as well wait for the 200 to take advantage of the new software it will have