AVIC411.com

Specific Questions on Bluetooth Functionality

Hi all,

Okay, I have downloaded the Bluetooth manual from Pioneer's web site and I am a bit confused on the actual functionality of the unit...

1) When I get a call, does it just change screens??? Or, does it lower volume and "ring"??? What exactly does it do to tell you there is an incoming call???

2) When you do get an incoming call, what is displayed on the screen??? The phone number??? The caller info (if it is stored in your phone)???

3) Does the system completely MUTE or does it simply lower the volume when using the phone features???

4) Do I understand the manual correctly that you can only store 6 phone numbers??? I know people on the forum say you can sync your address book on some phones... So, what is the difference between syncing your address book and actually manually entering numbers into the system???

5) Last one, when you do sync or manually enter numbers are you allowed to add a "name" to the number... I know the manual says you can do letter searches which makes me assume you can enter a "name" for each number... But, the manual does not talk about actually entering "names"...

The Bluetooth manual is vague at beast unfortunately... At least in my reading...

Thanks again,

Mark

First thing to do is register your phone with the Nav Unit. If you go into the BTB settings you can select a feature to "Register" your phone it makes a connection, and then anytime from then if your phone comes near the Nav unit it will pair up automatically.

So after that if a call comes in it will automatically turn music off once you select to take incoming call by pressing button on Nav(auto accept calls can be selected via settings among other features). And the audio of the phone call will be output via speakers. Then when the call is done it will go back to whatever source you were listening to prior to the call. Info Displayed when accepting the call will be determined if you were able to sync your phone book over. If you synced your phone book over then if number is listed it will display name, if not it just displays number.

You can sync up to 6 different PHONES. Each phone can have 6 speed dial numbers. I think I read you are allowed 500 numbers for phone book total?

System is completely mute of music just phone audio.

As far as entering in numbers and then to store those numbers with a name(as in creating internal phonebook) not sure YET!

Thanks for the great response, that helps tremendously!!!

One last question (I think):

So after that if a call comes in it will automatically turn music off once you select to take incoming call by pressing button on Nav

What happens when a call is coming in BEFORE you accept the call???

I know the screen displays a message, but if you are not looking at the screen, how do you know a call is coming in??? Does the actual phone still "ring"??? Does the NAV unit "ring"??? Is there any option to have an "audible" alert that a call is coming in before you actually answer it???

Thanks,

Mark

i have the bluetooth adapter for the Z1 and i have the LG chocolate..im waiting to install everything on the D3, hopefully everything will work out just fine...im curious how the person i'm speaking to will be able to hear me b/c im still debating whether i should put the microphone on the steering wheel or by the visor

well before i pick the final place for the mic, i will try the visor, the steering weheel and the mirror....and then leave me a voicemail at work to see how clear i can hear myself from these locations...since the steering wheel is the closest to your mouth than the mirror/visor, im guessing that will be the best quality...i'll keep u posted

I have mine on the dash near my AC controls.

Which is farther away than the wheel or visor and I keep asking people how they hear me and so far my response has been around 70% Loudness, and 100%clarity. So that is good enough for me, because there are absolutely no visible wires.

Burn

Anyone try and manually creat a phone book, just from Nav Unit?

curious, for those already owns the BT device, in some situation you don't want the person near you to hear who is calling you, ie: 2nd GF or whatever? In this case if you pick up the phone and the person besides you hear ur conversation, then ur screwed right? what will u guys do? or just screw it and hang up lol

the answer is when you get in the car, you shut the bluetooth off

therefore the avic will not be activated

:)

lol seems like that's the right way to go =P

dude i had that kinda situation before, especially someone called me and talk behind the person who's sitting beside me, made me turn my cell phone volume down immidiately lol, trust me, it's embrasse, and if they can hear it clearly, it's even worse