AVIC411.com

Avic-D3 in my G35

I just installed it today with the bluetooth adapter, bc-2 rear-view camera and the ipod interface. I just came from a Avic-D2 so I knew what to expect, and how to use it right from the go.

I only have 2 problems with the unit, I can't get the camera to engauge when I shift into reverse. I can manually select the camera from the map screen but it will not come on when the car is in reverse. When I installed the camera today, I grounded the black wire from the power unit, and I taped into the red 12v wire on the Avic-D3 and ran the red wire from the camera power unit. I am pretty sure I wired it right.

The other issue I have is when I start up the unit, their is one blue ok screen with demo control and the regular ok screen like the one that was on my D2. Can I get rid of the blue ok screen asking about the demo mode. Its annoying hit ok twice when I am just used to hitting it once.

Can anyone help me on these issues, thanks.

I don't know about the second issue, but on the first:

Did you attach the reverse wire properly? 12V+ when you're in reverse, 0 when you're not.

You can go to connection status screen and it should show that ^^^^

I attached the reverse wire to the avic-d3, and then I tapped into the red 12v lead from the head unit and ran the red wire that was included with the camera to that 12v red wire. I just checked on my avic-d3 and the voltage doesn't change when the car is shifted into forward gear or into reverse gear.

How can I fix this?

Thanks

I was having the same exact problem, I went I think in the function menu and pushed the camera button and there was a option to turn it on. After I turned it on it started working perfectly. I am new to the avic...how do you turn it on without putting it in reverse?

Dan

I have to also say, the install/owners manual for the ND-BC2 SUCKS!!! All it does is tell you how to mount the camera. Nothing about wiring hookups or operation. The picture is real nice though :D

I was going to say the same thing, its the worst set of instructions I have ever seen.

Got a question?

Should I attach the red wire from the camera to the reverse wire, or should I leave it connected to the power wire on the back of the avic-d3?

The other issue I have is when I start up the unit, their is one blue ok screen with demo control and the regular ok screen like the one that was on my D2. Can I get rid of the blue ok screen asking about the demo mode. Its annoying hit ok twice when I am just used to hitting it once.

Is that happening with everyone? Does the D3 really have two disclaimer screens or is there a setting to exit "Demo" mode?

I have to also say, the install/owners manual for the ND-BC2 SUCKS!!! All it does is tell you how to mount the camera. Nothing about wiring hookups or operation. The picture is real nice though :D

I was going to say the same thing, its the worst set of instructions I have ever seen.

Got a question?

Should I attach the red wire from the camera to the reverse wire, or should I leave it connected to the power wire on the back of the avic-d3?

Got a question?

I'm almost tempted to not answer your question. We get it... you think your question is THE most important question EVER. You don't need to put it in big red letters because ONE poster didn't answer it and said something else regarding your question doesn't mean it won't get answered.

Like I said before, I'm VERY tempted to ignore your question, but since I'm a nice guy:

It depends. Do you want your camera to only be on when you are in reverse, meaning that you can't have the screen half-camera, half-map to see whats behind you when driving? If you do, then you can hook the camera into the reverse wire, but it'll only get power when you're in reverse. The other option is to hook the camera into the ACC line at the AVIC or another wire thats on the ACC circuit and then you'll get power when the car is on, but the screen will still automatically switch into the camera feed while you're in reverse.

^^^

I know its not the most important question ever, its just that I just dropped over a grand for this thing and I can't get it to work right. Plus I have my car apart right now, and its no easy process taking the radio out of a G35. (I have to take apart 3/4 of the dash board.) I don't really have a lot of time to deal with problems like this and I just wanted to get a quick answer to probably a very simple question from someone like your self. I didn't mean to strike a nerve.

The BC2 instructions are far from the best and very confusing.

Anyways back you your question, I don't care about being able to see through the camera while I am driving, I only want it to engauge when I put the vehicle in reverse. I have already taped into the reverse wire on my avic-d3 and ran the power wire from the camera to the red 12v. wire that is connected to the avic. I have turned the camera on and switched polarities, and it doesn't make a difference unless I have it on the gnd setting. Then the camera is engauged when I turn on the iginition in every gear and reverse.

BTW, I checked in the system information for the reverse input and it says low while I am in forward gear and when I am in reverse gear.

Thanks for helping, I didn't mean to offend anybody.

If its still showing 'low' in both forward and reverse gear, then you haven't tapped into the correct wire.

I had the same problem on my 00 Pathfinder. The wire that every database was telling me to tap into got the same, very low voltage in every gear.

What I did was I took out my tail light and see what wire color the wire was that went to the reverse lights (12V+ in reverse, 0 in all other gears) and then went back to the module where everyone was telling me to look and checked that color wire. It worked.

If it doesn't work, then it might just be easiest to tap into the reverse wire back at the tailight and run the wire to the AVIC.

And if you already have the red wire from the camera into the red wire at the AVIC, just leave it there in case one day you change your mind and want to see whats behind you while you're in forward. It won't negatively effect anything if its getting power while the car is on.

If its still showing 'low' in both forward and reverse gear, then you haven't tapped into the correct wire.

I had the same problem on my 00 Pathfinder. The wire that every database was telling me to tap into got the same, very low voltage in every gear.

What I did was I took out my tail light and see what wire color the wire was that went to the reverse lights (12V+ in reverse, 0 in all other gears) and then went back to the module where everyone was telling me to look and checked that color wire. It worked.

If it doesn't work, then it might just be easiest to tap into the reverse wire back at the tailight and run the wire to the AVIC.

And if you already have the red wire from the camera into the red wire at the AVIC, just leave it there in case one day you change your mind and want to see whats behind you while you're in forward. It won't negatively effect anything if its getting power while the car is on.

thank you for your help.

I have gone to a g35 forum and they said that the reverse signal wire was a purple wire inside of the driver side kick panel. I guess they where wrong, so I will look in my trunk and see which wire leads to my reverse lights.

Thanks again for your help.