AVIC411.com

Information from TeleAtlas and Pioneer

This is a long read, but important.

Hey guys here is some information for you that I received from [color=red]TeleAtlas[/color] and Pioneer concerning updates to the routing problems.

[color=red]John

Although Tele Atlas does provide raw data that is used in these systems, we are not involved in the production or distribution of data that has been formatted for direct use in the systems.
Please contact Pioneer at 1-800-421-1404 or at their website:
[url=http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/contact/us/0,,2076_138787615,00.html]www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/contact/ ... 15,00.html[/url]

Regards
Rik Sheridan

Customer Support
Tele Atlas North America
11 Lafayette Street
Lebanon, NH 03766
(800) 331-7881 x4357
(603) 643-0330 x4357
[url=http://www.teleatlas.com]www.teleatlas.com[/url]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Thu 6/1/2006 12:13 PM
To: navshop@teleatlas.com
Subject: Enquiry from navshop

Navshop contact form:

[color=blue]Name: John L. Jackson
Email: jljackson@sw.rr.com
Enquiry: To whom it may concern: Will there be updated CD/DVDs for the new Pioneer AVIC-Z1 navigation systme? John L. Jackson [/color]

In the future, most likely next year we should have update information.

Thank You,

Clark
Customer Service Representative

--Original Message--
Date: 06/01/06
To: customer.support@pioneerservice.com
Subject: Parts Inquiry|B00002|9406424773[#1033595]

FirstName:John
LastName:Jackson
Email:jljackson@sw.rr.com
Address:111B Matador
City:Sheppard AFB
State:TX
Zip:76311
Phone:9406424773
Inquiry Type:Parts Inquiry
lstPublishers:0002
lstTitles:B00002-Car Products-Navigation
Inquiry:Will there be update disk for the AVIC Z1?[/color]
[quote name="edrock200"]Question for owners of earlier pioneer models: Has pioneer ever released an update disc in the same year as the model release? This is my first pioneer unit.[/quote]I said in another post that when I had my N1 and my N2, the software always started on version 1.0 and it reached version 1.2 before the new model came out the following year. If there is a Z2 coming in 2007, more than likely there will be a version 1.1 and 1.2 for our Z1s this year. That's how it usually works out.
  • 1 month later...
I'm in the same boat. Our development is 3 years old and no NAV system I've ever seen knows that our street exists. The Z1 shows our street which is a step up from any other system I've seen, but it doesn't recognize the address or street name it just shows the street on the map. I had to put a pushpin in the map where our house is and now it can get me there via the address book, but no by the address.

I think in general all map systems are pretty far behind on updates like new streets for new developments. I don't think it's specific to the Z1 it's a common problem with most mapping software on NAV devices.
[quote name="ralphhood3"]I had to put a pushpin in the map where our house is and now it can get me there via the address book, but no by the address.[/quote]

can you tell me exactly what you did? you just added your home address to your address book?

thanks.
Assuming your street shows up on the map and the routing just doesn't know the street name or number...

When you're sitting in front of your house or in your driveway you can just press the screen where you are (the big navigation arrow) and it'll pop up a screen to ask you if you want to add it to your address book. It'll show up from then on with a big red pushpin on the map whether you've selected it as a destination or not and then it also shows up in your address book.

This is detailed on page 60 of the user manual under "Registering Location by Scroll Mode". Page 59 has instructions on how to do this starting from the NAV menu but I think starting from the map where you can see that it's correctly showing you at your location works the easiest.

Hope that helps.
[quote name="jdmartin999"]I am trying to figure out how to get map data for Mexico as I was going to go on camp/surf trip in Baja. I wonder how I could get that data?[/quote]

Although NOT for our Z1.... this covers Garmin really well.... I used a very detailed Baja Map from a guy in Mexico. He did a really good job of making this map....has all the streets of the towns cities.... all topos, and great trail indicators.... A must have everytime i go down.

Sam

[url=http://www.bicimapas.com.mx/Mapas_GPS.htm]http://www.bicimapas.com.mx/Mapas_GPS.htm[/url]
[quote name="ralphhood3"]Assuming your street shows up on the map and the routing just doesn't know the street name or number...

When you're sitting in front of your house or in your driveway you can just press the screen where you are (the big navigation arrow) and it'll pop up a screen to ask you if you want to add it to your address book. It'll show up from then on with a big red pushpin on the map whether you've selected it as a destination or not and then it also shows up in your address book.

This is detailed on page 60 of the user manual under "Registering Location by Scroll Mode". Page 59 has instructions on how to do this starting from the NAV menu but I think starting from the map where you can see that it's correctly showing you at your location works the easiest.

Hope that helps.[/quote]

thank you very much!