AVIC411.com

AVIC-X1R Updated Map Disks

I have recently got hold of the CNDV-60M-EW-1-A and 2-A disks (EUROPE). 1A Being the East and 2A being the West, to upgrade me from the 2005 map disks.

The problem i have is that while the East Disk works fine and updates the software on the AVIC-X1R i'm located on the West (ie UK) and when i insert that disk all i get is a blue screen (No maps pulled in?). The menus work fine when i press that button but i cannot navigate to any place.

Can anyone help me please with this problem. Any ideas people?

Also would DVD-R DL disks be better than DVD+R DL ones for use on the AVIC-X1R? The 60M mapping has been burned onto DVD+R DL.

• 2 weeks later...
West = Western US contact pioneer for UK mapping!

Sorry but you are wrong. the OP is correct. With the model #'s of the discs he provided, there is indeed an East and West disc (European version). Don't think that the whole world revolves around the US. There are many international members on this forum. And Americans wonder why Europeans hate us :roll:

Just to let you know that everything has now worked out fine. I changed media to DVD-R DL and got my friend to burn at 2x speed. The maps are fine and they are for Europe. The UI is now a dark blue to black? fade and i now have the upgraded maps (which is what i really wanted). It does seem to be slightly faster moving around menu to menus maybe the coding has been optimised.

I haven't checked whether the unit will now let me watch videos while driving, although it was possible with the CNDV-05 Software previously i preferred the radio or my own CD's and MP3's or the navigation.

Thanks to everyone on all the AVIC forums including this one. There is a lot of good information and good work going on out there likewise there is also a lot of misinformation and repeating of threads. Takes ages to trawl through it all but is worth it in the end.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure if anyone has ever tried this before, but will the AVIC-N2 work in Europe? I understand that there is a way to clear/erase the firmware in the unit. Will using the European map DVD update the firmware so that the navigation will work in Europe? Thanks in advance for any information provided.

The N2 Works in sweden, but on Pioneer Sweden the tech guy tell me that the radio part in mhz is diffrent then the swedish system.... some odd and even mhz was he talking about, so he did belive it will not works so good in radio, but who knows maby its possible to reprogram the unit :D

The N2 is the same as the X1 machine same components but diffrent names..

Hope this helps you somehow..

Regards from sweden.