AVIC411.com

Toyota Sequoia Help Needed ASAP

I know this sounds like a crazy question, but will a Z1 interface with a 2007 Toyota Sequoia factory installed GPS antenna and/or Rear Parking camera?

Even if the connectors are different, if Z1 capatible connectors were used, would it then work?

Toyota called me tonight and told me they could not get the model we ordered (after waiting 2 out of the 3 months they told me it would take). They are attempting to negotiate a 'deal' on a higher end model with a Toyota Nav system with the PSD3 option for a Park Pilot, Rear Parking Aid SYstem (which I assume is their camera). I now have a brand new Z1 and XM module sitting in the box waiting for its new home!

• 2 weeks later...

I got my Sequoia today. Started the install and the Harness does not fit with the stock radio harness.

I called metra and they said try 70-1761. It didn't work either. I described the connectors to them and they said they probably don't have a wiring harness.

Some questions:

1. Any one know if there is a wiring harness I can buy - don't want to hardwire if possible. IF so, what is the make and P/N.

2. The stock system is a JBL 6 speaker system. It looks like the Z1 has only 4 speaker outputs. THere is not an amplifier in the system that I know of (the TYTO-01 doesn't interface either). How do the installers handle this 4 to 6 speaker conversion?

3. Where can I get just the radio harness wiring diagram for the 2007 Sequoia in case I have to HARD WIRE!? Yuk!

post-4431-1287275207513_thumb.jpg

Radio 12v blue/yellow + radio harness

Radio Ground brown - radio harness

Radio Ignition gray + radio harness

Radio Illumination green + radio harness

Factory Amp Turn-on N/A

Power Antenna black/red + radio harness

LF Speaker +/- pink - purple +,- radio harness or amplifier

RF Speaker +/- lt. green - blue +,- radio harness or amplifier

LR Speaker +/- black - yellow +,- radio harness or amplifier

RR Speaker +/- red - white +,- radio harness or amplifier

If equipped, the amplifier is in the center console, towards the front.

the extra speakers are tweeters, they are in line with the others

Yes it says JBL.

Called the installer at our local Circuit City. He stated he used the 70-8113 in his last 2007 Sequoia install with JBL and it worked with the amp.

I don't know. I ordered one anyway. If it doesn't work, may have to get the TOYO-1 again (I returned it) and hard wire.

At this point, my install is being divided up into many little pieces with the final piece being the final connection to the amp with whatever works.

Where do you pick up the steering wheel controls for the SW1?

1. If it has an AMP, shouldn't there be a turn-on wire?

2. Also, I had gotten from this forum that the Reverse wire (I'm assuming the wire going to the reverse lights to the rear) was Red/Black + driver kick, in harness going to the rear.

I found behind the driver kick two harnesses running in the tray under the plastic door threshold. There was not a Red/Black in either one of those wiring bundles. I took off the reverse lighting assembly in the back, and the wire to the light is red/blue (or red/purple, not sure).

I found that same wire in one of the bundles traveling to the rear behind the kick panel, but it is not 0V in Park, and does not toggle to 12V in Reverse.

Can someone clarify this for me!?

THanks for all the help, I really appreciate it. I am making progress (got both antennas installed, XM module mounted, and Speed Sense wire tapped into the green/orange wire in the ECM (behind the glove box, 2nd plug from right - info supplied by cntrylvr79 - much thanks!).

1. If it has an AMP, shouldn't there be a turn-on wire?

Nope Like GM and Chrysler, Toyota is started using a digital signal for amp turn on.

To the rest I really can say since I've not done a new sequioa yet. All I can say is that if you found the wire at the tail light might was well tap there.

I'm a little embarrased that I'm having so much trouble with something this simple!!!!

I ohmed out the + side of the rear backup lights and traced it to the Red/Blue (or RED/Purple, can't tell) wire. It's the correct wire. I believe it is Red/Black going into the connector interface and then Red/Blue coming out.

Anyway, I read 0V in Park and 0V in Reverse, even though the light comes on when I place it in reverse.

Perhaps that is because the light is a virtual ground with elements (although I would think it would have a little resistance). Anyway, if the Z1 is looking for a 0 to 12V logic signal, how is this going to work! Is it a current source trip and not a 12V digital trip?

In the mean time, I'm going to connect the reverse wire to this Red/Blue wire in 'faith'.

Anyone who can explain this to me I would REALLY appreciate understanding. Maybe V=IR doesn't apply in Japan :wink: