AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z2: Pioneer, do you not read COMPLAINTS???

So I found this video on CNET of the AVIC-Z2 being showed off at CES 2007. They are showing the iPod interface...um...wait a minute. Why is it STILL so slow??? Pioneer, we have all been telling you that your iPod interface blatantly SUCKS ! ! ! Do you not read forums such as this or listen to people, like myself, bitching to the customer service reps about how BAD your iPod integration is. You had the perfect opportunity to fix this problem (not to mention MANY other oddities) with a brand new unit, and all you did was add the ability to zoom in on an f'n median when in Los Angeles??? Oh yeah, I forgot, "smart routing." Something that was ADVERTISED in the Z1 !

Get your act together . . .

http://reviews.cnet.com/Pioneer_Avic_Z2 ... 84020.html

For any of you that are interested, I have compiled a lost of all of my complaints, including things that I believe would improve the unit to truly make it an all-in-one unit. I know many of these items would raise the price considerably, but hey, if you are looking at top-end units, I would be willing to pay the difference to get perfection.

Please post any complains that you would like me to add to this list. I have sent this version of the list to top execs at Pioneer and am planning on sending a second version with your guys' suggestions!

Thank you!

Pioneer Z1 Complaints.pdf

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not much we can do now about the Z1 as it's been replaced, but I think we need to get a new list going right-a-way after we have had the new updates installed a month or so. Once we know what changes have been improved on and what hasn't, we can let them know what changes we want on the next Z3. The sooner we let them know, the better our chances of getting them fixed will be.

wow. how are you complaining before something is even out? any video you see of a 'slow' ipod, is historic at best, they are still working on things Im sure. Its not like they are sitting on a completed z2 product just for the kicks of it, The reason this isnt that big of a deal is because the 'complainers' are rather minimal. relax, take it easy till the unit comes out.

wow. how are you complaining before something is even out? any video you see of a 'slow' ipod, is historic at best, they are still working on things Im sure. Its not like they are sitting on a completed z2 product just for the kicks of it, The reason this isnt that big of a deal is because the 'complainers' are rather minimal. relax, take it easy till the unit comes out.

I wouldnt be surprised if they fix some bugs with an update you can download for the Z2.

But I think they are holding a lot of the big stuff for the Z3 as it probably entails at least SOME hardware changes.

Fine by me... I'll buy a Z3

the z2 is the same exact hardware, updated maps, gracenote, and thats it. so whatever "bugs" you guys think that the z1 had, so does the z2. and the bypass appears to be the same. i was wrong in saying that it had changed

the z2 is the same exact hardware, updated maps, gracenote, and thats it. so whatever "bugs" you guys think that the z1 had, so does the z2. and the bypass appears to be the same. i was wrong in saying that it had changed

thats good to hear. No need to remove it from the dash again.

So...how much is this update going to cost Z1 owners???

The actual update will probably cost $250... but I think a dealer has to install it so it may cost more.

But while we're talking about cost... if Pioneer was to implement all the changes the OP wants, we'd be talking about a $3000 unit.

... but I think a dealer has to install it...

I have to pay someone to insert a disc and press "OK" to update?

But while we're talking about cost... if Pioneer was to implement all the changes the OP wants, we'd be talking about a $3000 unit.

True, but a lot of the items on the list are glitches or "things that could have been better." Many are features that I would like to see so as to not have three screens in my truck (Z1, performance monitor, reprogrammer display, and/or obd-ii diagnostic display). And yes, those would raise the price considerably...but I have to pay for them anyways as separate units.