AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z2: Pioneer, do you not read COMPLAINTS???

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... but I think a dealer has to install it...

I have to pay someone to insert a disc and press "OK" to update?

Its a little more involved than that, but from whats been said so far the dealer has to install it.

But while we're talking about cost... if Pioneer was to implement all the changes the OP wants, we'd be talking about a $3000 unit.

True, but a lot of the items on the list are glitches or "things that could have been better." Many are features that I would like to see so as to not have three screens in my truck (Z1, performance monitor, reprogrammer display, and/or obd-ii diagnostic display). And yes, those would raise the price considerably...but I have to pay for them anyways as separate units.

I understand that, but what percentage of Z1 owners really care about that stuff. I'd bet that there wouldnt be enough to warrant Pioneer raising the price.

Here are a couple of my iPod wishlist items:

1. I'd like to see the cover art displayed on the AV screen, since I go to such great lengths to make sure every track on my iPod has cover art.

2. If I'm in Map/Navigation mode, I'd like to see the Artist and Song title display briefly at the bottom of the screen. I noticed it does do this if you hit Next/Previous track from the steering wheel control. Shouldn't be that difficult to have it happen all the time.

dont think "he" said he works for pioneer, just 'someone' with a bit more inside track info, that may be accurate... i mean the thing is just coming out and there have been some back and forth on the bypass, so maybe holdin off till its examined would be wise