AVIC411.com

Copying of Music

The Z1 does not burn CD's at all. The Z1 will take an Audio CD and convert it to AT3 format and store those files on to it's internal hard drive for playback.

Thanks DB, you can always be counted on for an answer. Let me ask you to go one step further. If someone were to take a CD that was recorded in the Z1 and analyze it to determine if it was copied would they be able to make that determination? Thanks again.

Thanks DB, you can always be counted on for an answer. Let me ask you to go one step further. If someone were to take a CD that was recorded in the Z1 and analyze it to determine if it was copied would they be able to make that determination? Thanks again.

As 03Vic-HPP said the Z1 won't create a cd from music stored in the Z1 (off the hard drive or whatever).

When you say "If someone were to take a CD that was recorded in the Z1" do you mean recorded from the CD to the Z1's hard drive? Or are you still thinking the Z1 can take music from it's hard drive and "record" to a CD?

The second part is not possible. The Z1 can not create a CD. But if you mean when someone sticks a CD (that was purchased or burned from a computer that already has music on it) into the Z1 let it transfer the music off the CD and put it on to the Z1's internal hard drive (for playback from the hard drive at a later time)... then the person pulls out the original CD (which had the music on it to start with) and then analyzed it... could they tell that you copied music off the cd? No they could not. There is no record or way to tell that a CD was read in any player.

As 03Vic-HPP said the Z1 won't create a cd from music stored in the Z1 (off the hard drive or whatever).

When you say "If someone were to take a CD that was recorded in the Z1" do you mean recorded from the CD to the Z1's hard drive? Or are you still thinking the Z1 can take music from it's hard drive and "record" to a CD?

The second part is not possible. The Z1 can not create a CD. But if you mean when someone sticks a CD (that was purchased or burned from a computer that already has music on it) into the Z1 let it transfer the music off the CD and put it on to the Z1's internal hard drive (for playback from the hard drive at a later time)... then the person pulls out the original CD (which had the music on it to start with) and then analyzed it... could they tell that you copied music off the cd? No they could not. There is no record or way to tell that a CD was read in any player.

DB, sorry I wasn't clear with my question. However, you did answer it. What I was asking was if a store bought cd was put into the Z1 and recorded, would that store bought cd then be able to be analyzed to see if it was copied. You,ve answered no. Thanks again.