AVIC411.com

another nav disc question

it my first post, so i wanna just hello everyone first.

now onto my problem. i bought a used AVIC-D1 what came with a west coast disc(i live in the east coast). so i figured id just get some "non pioneer" disc's from ebay that had great feedback that they worked. well after putting them in a screen came up that said "please insert correct disc" then 2 download bars came up that but they wont completely download, the screen then says "download failed", then it retrys a couple times then stops.

then i tried putting the origonal west coast pioneer made disc in it just asks us to "install the correct disc".

some im pretty much stuck on what to do next other than drop the money for the correct disc's from pioneer.

wow, thanks for all the replys everyone, and fast too.

PaisanNYC- i checked with my wife, she said that wasntt he guy on ebays user name, but i'll keep a lookout for him in the future

oppie1- yes we inserted into the correct slot.

scoopcoupe- checking the pm, im not sure if the D3 and n1 use the same discs. im new to all this fancey high tech stuff. :lol:

whtcrxghst- pm'd you

i also just dont understand why it wont read the factory pioneer disc now either.

edit*- also i see i put my question in the wrong forum, i dont know if the mods can move it to the problem/troubleshooting D1/D2/D3(sorry about that)

i also just dont understand why it wont read the factory pioneer disc now either.

Reason being is that the bad discs you bought already initiated upgrading your unit to the 60 series software, but since the discs are bad, the install wouldnt complete.

It's like you upgrade to Windows Vista on your computer, then you put in the Windows XP setup disc to install XP, Windows will tell you you cannot just do a rollback install like that.

If your wife remembers, I'd love to know the eBay name of the seller. You can PM me if you dont want to post it here.

Yes, as a matter of fact they are all the same. I wasn't sure, but checked it out on the Pioneer site. I'm new myself, but haven't had any trouble with my unit. Bought it online from an "power" eBay seller but it came straight from pioneer. "audiosavings" or something like that was their name. No troubles so far and this board has been helpful with installation tips etc.