AVIC411.com

Verizon phones & bluetooth

I don't think any of them will. Verizon's phones can be set 'visible' to BT devices for ONLY 60 seconds. During those 60 seconds, your phone WILL autoconnect. Once the time limit expires and your phone goes back to 'hidden', it will NOT autoconnect.

You can 'direct connect' through the menu on the D3, even if your phone is 'hidden'. If it would automatically try to 'direct connect' with my phone, I'd be a happy camper. There are other BT devices that DO autoconnect with Verizon phones, so it's a software oversight in the Pioneer unit.

I'm hoping the BTB200 will actively try to connect to a registered phone on start-up. I've got mine on back-order already.

I don't think any of them will. Verizon's phones can be set 'visible' to BT devices for ONLY 60 seconds. During those 60 seconds, your phone WILL autoconnect. Once the time limit expires and your phone goes back to 'hidden', it will NOT autoconnect.

You can 'direct connect' through the menu on the D3, even if your phone is 'hidden'. If it would automatically try to 'direct connect' with my phone, I'd be a happy camper. There are other BT devices that DO autoconnect with Verizon phones, so it's a software oversight in the Pioneer unit.

I'm hoping the BTB200 will actively try to connect to a registered phone on start-up. I've got mine on back-order already.

I'm just trying to understand your input because I have a verizon chocolate and I ordered the BTB200. I got a motorola bluetooth headset, every time I turn on the BT headset, my chocolate will autodetect/autoconnect it and stay connected to it as long as my headset remained powered "on" since I got it paired. (Just with the BTB100 for referrence, since no one knows exactly what the BTB200 is capable of) Could I have been able to turn on my car/D3 and the unit will connect to my phone like if I was using my motorola headset? or would I have to go through the menu and manually connect everytime? just wondering...thanks!

I haven't heard of ANY Verizon phones that will autoconnect with the BTB100.

All I know for sure is that my VX8300 does NOT. I'm willing to bet your Chocolate (VX8500) won't either.

I guess I'll just wait for the BTB200 to arrive so I can find out. If it doesn't, I'll return it back to crutchfield...because I'm looking for convenience, but if I have to manually connect everytime, forget it.

My VX8100 also autoconnects like a charm. I cannot get it to transfer any contacts ot the phone book, however. How do you send contacts to the D3 via bluetooth?

Good news for Verizon users!

The BTB200 DOES autoconnect (the BTB100 did NOT).

Confirmed success with VX8300.

However you can still only send 1 contact at a time.

hmmm...

Last year, Verizon got sued by users becuase they disabled bluetooth features (like OBEX and other data transfer features) in motorola phones.

They purposely disable those features so they can make money by making customers buy additional services...very evil :twisted:

here's the news link: http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1751567,00.asp

I have the BTB200 and a Verizon razor (V3M) connected to a D3. The phone autoconnects just fine once I registered the phone. I can't transfer the addressbook. Reason is because Verizon doesn't support that type of bluetooth profile (I think it is OBEX). The Verizon bluetooth compatability page is at http://support.vzw.com/pdf/BT_Chart_Handsets.pdf