Pioneer Bluetooth Kit BTB200 shipping on 03/30

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my BTB200 today. Will try and swap out the 100 tomorrow and test it out

Interesting.

We all want to know....

I think the pioneer microphone sucks too. I wish they had a nice powered noise canceling mic. We'll see what the new BT unit does though

I ended up doing the install from circuit city. They installed d3, sirius, bluetooth, ipod cable, a/v cable, and rear-view camera.

I had everything done for $300 (less $40 coupon)...so everything for $260.

I'm going to be doing the bypass my self in couple of weeks. CC will also change the btb100 with btb200 (hopefully i'll receive it in 1st week or april).

you can see the pix and vidz here: http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5169

mobile... whered ou end up getting your d3 installed? n whatd they charge you?

Wow....I just got a quote on the exact same install (xm instead of sirius) from Cartronics in Nashville for $600. Their hype is (get ready....it's pretty offensive)....WE DON'T SELL REFRIGERATORS, WE'RE A HIGH END CAR AUDIO SHOP!!!! They also hyped that they do all the cars for the Titans (NFL team). Oh, I forgot....included in that is a $60 per module charge to bench test, because I didn't buy the system from them...if anything fails the benchtest, they'll hault the install, and not charge me any more than the test fee.

Waddya think of that?

I guess I'm going to CC.

I ended up doing the install from circuit city. They installed d3, sirius, bluetooth, ipod cable, a/v cable, and rear-view camera.

I had everything done for $300 (less $40 coupon)...so everything for $260.

I'm going to be doing the bypass my self in couple of weeks. CC will also change the btb100 with btb200 (hopefully i'll receive it in 1st week or april).

you can see the pix and vidz here: http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5169

mobile... whered ou end up getting your d3 installed? n whatd they charge you?

Wow....I just got a quote on the exact same install (xm instead of sirius) from Cartronics in Nashville for $600. Their hype is (get ready....it's pretty offensive)....WE DON'T SELL REFRIGERATORS, WE'RE A HIGH END CAR AUDIO SHOP!!!! They also hyped that they do all the cars for the Titans (NFL team). Oh, I forgot....included in that is a $60 per module charge to bench test, because I didn't buy the system from them...if anything fails the benchtest, they'll hault the install, and not charge me any more than the test fee.

Waddya think of that?

I guess I'm going to CC.

Bunch of crooks from the price they gave you...any audio shop that claims they have done cars for such and such celebrity doesnt mean they do quality work (a few maybe). That just mean they have good marketing and connections to those people thats all. Check this list out:

http://www.me-mag.com/ArticleReader.asp ... &curPage=7

If they are close to you, give them a call and get a quote. You be surprised that most of these places or people charge very reasonably. I found one from the list. He's charging me 275 for D3, bluetooth, ipod cable, reverse camera, and hooking up a new factory sub I bought from scion. Not cheap nor excessive but very reasonable. Hope that helps you out.

thanks for that list....the closest to me is right here in nashville, and sure enough, they want $600.....the second closest is in Bowling Green, KY., the installer who is on the list talked w/me, and he said if it wasn't for cutting the dash to acomodate the 2din in my car (very small piece of plastic has to be cut out..I've seen it on a forum member here named Egmont, and it looks very easy), he'd have charged $175....I told him I'd be happy paying $250...once again, thanks for the lead.

RLandis:

I've just PMed you the $40 CC coupon.

In-dash navigation is fixed rate of 159.99. Print this and show it to them (http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/productDetail.do?oid=163719). Otherwise, they might quote you higher if you don't show them that.

I think CC is the cheapest and the best.

thanks for that list....the closest to me is right here in nashville, and sure enough, they want $600.....the second closest is in Bowling Green, KY., the installer who is on the list talked w/me, and he said if it wasn't for cutting the dash to acomodate the 2din in my car (very small piece of plastic has to be cut out..I've seen it on a forum member here named Egmont, and it looks very easy), he'd have charged $175....I told him I'd be happy paying $250...once again, thanks for the lead.

I'm shocked that with an HU install price of $160, you can get the rest of the system installed for under $300. I know that some of the pieces are simple plugin, but the XM requires running and mounting the antenna, and the bluetooth requires mounting a mic, and the camera mount (at least on my Jeep) is a little demanding. I'll let you know what CC has to say here in TN.

I'm shocked that with an HU install price of $160, you can get the rest of the system installed for under $300. I know that some of the pieces are simple plugin, but the XM requires running and mounting the antenna, and the bluetooth requires mounting a mic, and the camera mount (at least on my Jeep) is a little demanding. I'll let you know what CC has to say here in TN.

Sounds like, they will be telling you...this is an extra 50 here, and another 75, and so on...Good Luck, hope you can get your unit up and running with a reasonable price install. While I'm still waiting from crutchfield.com to send me my D3 :cry:

I'm dropping my Jeep off for install on Friday....I asked for a few custom things, and they told me for HU, Bluetooth, Sat w/Nav, Ipod, and camera, it would max out at $300...could be less....the installer made me feel confident in his knowlege, and experience. Oh, and he'll do the bypass for me.