AVIC411.com

anyone try cloning a Z2 drive and place it in a Z1?

ok guys heres the deal i swapped hard drives between the z1 and z2 if i have the z1 hard drive in my z2 i can watch tv while driving with the new bypass the moment i put the z2 hard drive in the z1 it updates i cannot watch tv so i put the z1 hard drive back in then it updated again or should i say downgraded and watching tv was possible again so now we know theres 1 file that needs to be switched or modified some how

post-2861-1287275208574_thumb.jpg

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

this also takes me back to the bluetooth update disc once people were updating thier z1 the flashing lights bypass did not work so when we used the new bypass it worked so the file we need to play with should be on the update disc as well i hope ths makes sense to you db

Oh it does, it's a change to the Z1 early to Z1 post bluetooth....

And something else to look for is the Z1 pre-june to the Z1 post june.

Anyone with a stock July through october (I would like September) with NO bluetooth update and the drive unlocked who would be willing to put it into a pc and work with me?

I think I might have access to both of these, but will take me a bit to do it.

Plug in the drive once unlocked and do a

dir /s > c:\driveX.txt

And do this in the command line in each of the drives that show up and change the X for the drive letter and that will give a text file. We can compare the sizes and dates of June 06 and before Z1's and July and later Z1's.

Then check the bluetooth update Z1's and see if there is anything in common.

how about taking a Z2 drive and stick in Z1 unit ... i will try that monada just got Z2 in my store

That would also be an interesting test. And a Z1 drive in a Z2.

which goes back to my original idea.... why don't you clone the Z2 drive and stick it in the Z1.....

which goes back to my original idea.... why don't you clone the Z2 drive and stick it in the Z1.....

It's an excellent idea and titos did it, and it killed his bypass on the Z1.

And he did a Z1 drive into a Z2 and the bypass worked with Z1 software in the Z2.

Which made me think we now want to know what changed so we might be able to make one file and fix this. :)

i usually use beyond compare..... this does binary comparisons as well.... there used to be a free trial version available for download.

I never used beyond compare but it came with my latest installation of clearcase... so I have that as well. I'll have to give it a shot.

ok db i replaced the 00 folder in LDATA drive and now when i move the vehicle the unit reboots so maybe that might be something

Yikes, that's not good. :) I would not just go replacing files at random.

What I would do, and I think I can do this with my own setup... We/I need to

find the differences between the June 06 software and the July 06 software

and I think I can get access to that. Then we need to see the differences

between either of those and what's changed with the bluetooth update cd.

What ever is the same change between those:

June 06 -> July 06

and

June 06 -> bluetooth udpated unit

Those files, I would replace on the Z2 with the files pulled from the newest Z1. And see what changes.

You know what would be funny... maybe I focus on putting the files from the old Z1's into the new Z2's so you

need to flash the headlights on the Z2's and my circuit is needed again! :)

Swapping hard drives and getting each unit to work is probably bigger news than just trying to find a bypass.

I think this is huge. It means that we can clone a Z2 HDD and put it in a Z1 and the Z1 becomes a Z2. Once the bypass is figured out then we don't have to buy an upgrade.

Good work.

i have been compaing the the z1 and z2 hard drive and the update disc most of the files are the same just different sizes i used beyond compare to compare the 2 as i read on this post and there seems to be huge differences between the 2 hard drives if you start to read the scripts i just dont know how long i will be able to play with it before i have to give up the z1 drive and by the way db what program do you use to make an exact image of your drive