AVIC411.com

Installs in N.J.

i had misfit come to my home on sunday and install remote starts in the following cars:

08 Ford Expedition

08 Ford Explorer

06 Ford Taurus

06 Scion XB

He also fixed the remote start on my 07 Ford Expedition that some local asshole botched!

The fords i had done on the existing key fob and the scion we wanted to use the alarm keychain.

I gotta tell ya it was a great install... he even hooked up the auxilairy to pop the trunk on the taurus..without me having to ask him

it took him 4 hours to do all 5 cars!!!!!

the price was good, the service was better!

i would not hesitate to use him for anything!

this is the second time i have used his services and will not be the last!

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matt (Misfit) just finished installing my equipment. I have a 2008 Scion xB, and he installed a D3, Bluetooth, iPOD, backup camera, and the patch to allow the steering wheel controls to work with the new equipment.

I was extremely impressed with how efficient and neat he was - all excess cables were either trimmed, or neatly bundled and zip-tied. The man really knows his stuff.

It turned out the special harness that connects the back-up camera to the head unit had a short in it. After a couple of blown fuses, Matt isolated the defective part, and laid out exactly what I need to do when I get the replacement.

I would not hesitate for a second to give him a strong recommendation to anyone in the area that needs an install for automotive electronics. I was about to put my car and electronics in the hands of Circuit City, and it gave me major anxiety pangs, just thinking about it. Then I found this group, and Matt. I am one happy camper.....

Thanks Matt!

I want to add a couple more thoughts to my last post. Like most of you, I spent a whole bunch of time searching for the best prices on each of the components that I bought. I looked at BBB listings for companies and read a zillion comments on eBay. I changed and re-changed my mind, then started ordering, some stuff from eBay, some from other Net stores. I went through the anxiety of hoping that everything would come, and I wouldn't get caught holding up the whole project waiting for something.

I found AVIC411 because I wanted to bypass the D3. Unfortunately, I didn't read enough of the site before I wasted all my time and energy searching for and tracking parts. I finally found this thread, and read all the good words about Matt (Misfit).

I met him for the first time on Sunday, when he came and installed my setup (D3, Bluetooth, iPOD, steering wheel controls, and plate cam). I couldn't believe how smoothly he worked, and how diligent he was at making everything just right.

When he finally fired things up, it blew a fuse, and then another one. He finally tracked it down to a defective factory harness that connects the plate cam to the D3. He didn't make it, or even sell it to me, but he hated leaving a system that wasn't fully functional. He showed me exactly what to do when I got the replacement harness. He left the defective one in place, so I would be able to get the connections done properly. I hate to think how long my car would have been at Circuit City while they tried to figure out why it blew fuses.....

I spent about two hours on Monday trying to convince the guy I bought the plate cam from to send me the replacement harness, and I would return the defective one. He wouldn't do it, so I was doomed to taking out the unit, removing the harness, putting it back together, waiting for the replacement, then taking it apart again to put the new harness in. I was not happy.

A little later, Matt called me, and told me he had found me a new harness, and he sent it to me. He didn't have to do that at all - he had nothing to do with the original harness. He just wanted to make sure everything was "right". The harness showed up today, and I put it in. As expected, I did something wrong, and called Matt. He identified the problem, and told me what to do. I put everything together, and fired it up. It worked like a charm!

I can't say enough about the service and dedication Matt showed. If I need another unit, or anything else, he is the first person I am going to contact. If he costs a couple bucks more, it will be well worth it, because I know he will make sure everything is right - no hassles, no anxiety about whether or not I am going to get ripped off, or sent some POS.

We've got a heck of a resource here, I hope you guys all support him, I know I will! If you are close enough so he can install it for you, then you are truly lucky. If not, see what he can do about putting a package together for you. What would it be worth to know that everything you are getting is legit, and not worrying about what other names the company does business as, or how many times they have been sued? The best deal isn't always the absolute lowest price, but it might be the deal with the least risk and a fair price. Peace of mind is a wonderful thing....

There are obviously a lot of very good installers on this list, scattered around the country, and maybe even the world. The best piece of information I got from this list is not how to bypass the D3, but where to find a great installer.

Think about it.....

Larry

• 2 weeks later...

Will be buying my D3 soon and would like to find out how much you will charge to install it.

Car: 2007 Odyssey LX

Options: Bluetooth, ipod cable, backup camera

I am considering a USB attachment, but don't yet know if I need it.

What else do I need to buy for installation?

I live in Staten Island, but work in Saddle Brook

I am also in East Brunswick on Thursdays.

Let me know

Thanks.

Hey Misfit, Awhile back we spoke and I was giving you too much to do in my driveway so you recommended that I go to a shop. I have since changed my mind and I would like for you to install my Avic Z1 Head Unit, with IPod Adaptor, Bluetooth, and Rearview Camera. I had more plans with the car, but I have heard so many good things about your work, I want you to do it. I will purchase the radio bracket. I also have the factory navigation which I would like to keep. This is a Bose System in the car. Can you send me a price quote?

2004 Infiniti G35 with Factory Nav and Bose System.

• 5 weeks later...