AVIC411.com

AT3 files... what are they what have you tried?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

someone with a non xp sp2 machine download the liquid audio plugin for winamp. just do a search under plugins for liquid audio

install it then go to plugins, under input select it and hit configure and get a passport to play on this machine only.

then see if these at3's will play with that.
[quote name="gerard143"]someone with a non xp sp2 machine download the liquid audio plugin for winamp. just do a search under plugins for liquid audio

install it then go to plugins, under input select it and hit configure and get a passport to play on this machine only.

then see if these at3's will play with that.[/quote]

Ok, I grabbed one and set it to image with XP - no service pack. Should take 30 min.
this is a pain in the ass isnt it.

wtf did they go with atrac format.

i mean if the quality it still gonna blow and we cant run mp3s or high bit rate atracs then i think i'd just rather play the music off a dvd data disc ripped with mp3s using roxio method no?

as long as searching thru music is still as easy as it would be as searching on the disc i dont really care.

i can fit my entire collection on a dual layer dvd.

man i need to get my hand on one of these z1's soon so i can contribute more and figure this thing out.
[quote name="gerard143"]this is a pain in the ass isnt it.

wtf did they go with atrac format.

i mean if the quality it still gonna blow and we cant run mp3s or high bit rate atracs then i think i'd just rather play the music off a dvd data disc ripped with mp3s using roxio method no?

as long as searching thru music is still as easy as it would be as searching on the disc i dont really care.

i can fit my entire collection on a dual layer dvd.

man i need to get my hand on one of these z1's soon so i can contribute more and figure this thing out.[/quote]

Well, cracking the main operating system will allow us to get into adding another media player or something. That will help with the quality issue.
[quote name="BigFloppy"]There are 3 of these .AT3 located an ftp site:

ftp.bigfloppydonkeyballs.com
username: leech
password: account

[/quote]
BigFloppy,

I can't log in to the FTP server using that account and password--is it still up? I have some audio apps that I'd like to try opening those files with...
[quote name="Marauder"] [quote name="BigFloppy"]There are 3 of these .AT3 located an ftp site:

[/quote]
BigFloppy,

I can't log in to the FTP server using that account and password--is it still up? I have some audio apps that I'd like to try opening those files with...[/quote]
Doh! Nevermind, it was an Internet Explorer issue--I ftp'd in from the DOS prompt and it worked fine...
OK, I tried reading the files in every audio application at my disposal, including Sony's own Vegas and Sound Forge, and nothing could read them. I had high hopes for ACID Pro 6, which is advertised as being able to read ATRAC files (with .aa3 and .oma extensions), but even that didn't work. I did try simply renaming the AT3 files to extensions that ACID Pro supports, but it still didn't know what to do with them.

I'm wondering if they must use some kind of encryption, in addition to compression, to make sure these files can't be copied, and that audio files can't simply be written to the disk from a computer. If that's the case, they could use the unit's serial number in the encryption; this can be tested by moving a hard drive from one AVIC-Z1 to another, and seeing if the music is still accessible. Has anyone been brave enough to try that yet?
[quote name="BigFloppy"]Lets free up the other thread(s).

There are 3 of these .AT3 located an ftp site:

Go grab them! Lets try and see what they are... are they real PSP audio files OR just a renamed other type of audio file. We know (almost for certain) they're compressed audio files.

Have at it guys, lets open this Z1 up![/quote]

Did you shut down the site? I'd like to download one of the files to play with.