AVIC411.com

Reverse Light pink + top of fuse box, 14 pin plug, pin 2

Speed Sense purple ECM, 2nd plug from top, pin 17

The ECM is behind the glove box.

The VSS wire is also yellow in the radio harness

Thanks I added the reverse location to my top post with some harness pictures.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Sorry to dig this bad boy up from last year, but Im about to check the install of a friends D2 on his 2007 Tc and Im trying to gather as much info as possible. He is having some tracking problems and I believe its the VSS installed incorrectly or not at all. His problem is extremely similar to the one I was having with tracking and my VSS was installed incorrectly. This seems like a stupid question, but I want to ask anyway.

Do I have to connect the VSS to ALL of those wires or will picking any one of the three do the trick?

Does one of the wires work much better than the other two or are they all the same?

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Hello,

I am about to install the 2008 Scion Navigation System (SNS) in my 2009 Corolla (I've already confirmed that it's plug & play and will work properly).

I have also located the Toyota Scion Nav installation instructions at the below link:

http://www.trdsparks.com/install/08545-00931inst.pdf

Those are the official Toyota installation instructions for the Scion. However, pages 8 and 12 of the instructions CLEARLY indicate that it is NOT necessary to connect the Scion's VSS ("SPD") lead to the unit.

I am confused about this. I know with 100% certainty that the unit has a built-in gyroscope, but normally the gyro works in conjunction with the VSS/SPD input to improve navigation accuracy (this is referred to as "dead reckoning").

Does anyone know if connecting the VSS/SPD wire will do anything at all? Or will the nav unit simply ignore the input, or worse- cause a malfunction? Does the Scion nav unit get the vehicle's speed in some other way?