AVIC411.com

N2 Bypass Complete..Quick Question

I have an AVIC-N2 where I have completed the bypass mod. Parking brake grounded and contact points connected. Now after this whenever my unit powers up I get a warning message about a bad connection with my parking brake. Is this normal since the parking brake wire from the unit is grounded?

• 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Went I sent my N2 in for flex cable repair, they sent it back with a note saying it was done and the bypass was removed. I simply peeled that sticker back up and drew in the bypass with my solder pen again. All worked fine after that.

i installed a avic-n1 and grounded the lt. green brake wire . then i soldered 2 contact points under the white sticker on the in dash piece.

i took the car for a drive and video worked great. but later i did a software update and now i get the parking brake message and while i am rolling the dvd go away and as soon as i stop like at a stop sign the video comes back on someone told me it was because i upgraded the software and that i need to go back to the orig. n1 software that came new w/unit but i am doing this for a customer who bought it used and it came with no software. i only put my disc in to check functionality of the complete install ie:nav and gps and vss connections yeah all that works fine . i guess what i need to do is find someone with the original n-1 disc to borrow and try to restore the unit to its origional settings . can someone shine some light on what i need to do? any help will me much appreciated!