AVIC411.com

Dont run Z2 upgrade disc

confirmed today by an inside source running upgrade will kill your current bypass with the z2 new software. was also told z2 in "unbypassable". this coming from the same source who aided in the z1 bypass

Unbypassable!?!?!?!?!?!?!! Please say it aint so!! Then again.... the Titanic was unsinkable too, and im pretty sure we know how that turned out. I'll maintain my positive optimism. "Help us DB, you're our only hope........." :D

"Help us DB, you're our only hope........." :D

Some guy always has to bring up the holy trinity! :)

The Z2 is bypassable if you load the later Z1 code into it. That makes it a Z1 with the letter 2 printed on the front.

If the bypass was changed with a software update that means the Z2 is bypassable with a software update. The easy way to go is make it a Z1. Hopefully with enough time we will figure out the 1 file somewhere which might make it bypassable like a Z1. Hopefully.

If they really made it non-bypassable that really sucks.

making it a z1 is a different approach for a z2. my situation is having a z1 and wanting the software advantages of the z2 without losing my bypass. as far as the bypass of the z2, the person i'm referring to (who i cannot name) couldnt tell the bypass for the z1 but at least gave a hint that it could be done. this time around he just laughed, so its gonna be tough, if not impossible. and he is the one who would know

I don't think that it is a file on the HDD. I think it is a binary flag that gets triggered when the conditions are met. Which would be much harder to find within the code. If we could get to the registry setting on this windows automotive device then I think we could re-enable it. but that is just me. I design stuff like this but in a totally different code.

Hold on, let me get this straight. You are saying that if I run the upgrade disc on my new Z1 (Ground to bypass) to get Z2 capability, that the Z1 will no longer be bypassed? I hope I am just misunderstanding!?!? :shock:

-David :twisted:

that is the rumor.